File transfer on same server

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf File transfer on same server

• Creator
    Topic
    Mohammed Muzammil
    Participant

Dear CloverTechs,

I am trying to achieve a very simple task and hope you could help.

Transferring a file from one directory to another.

After some days of search I came across the following post:

http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?t=4830&highlight=transfer

However was not able to accomplish my task. A new file is created in the outbound directory, however it is an empty file.

Please see my netconfig attached. Have I missed something very basic?

thanks

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mohammed,

You will need 2 threads one inbound to read the file another outbound to write the file.

You will need routing set up on the inbound thread to the outbound thread.

Personally I would use the Fileset/Local protocol for both threads (assuming both the inbound and outbound are referenceable by the Cloverleaf platform.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

You can do this with one thread. I have a few threads myself that are only used to move a file (with only minor changes) from one directory to another.

Like Jim I use the Fileset/Local protocol because I am always moving all files from one directory to another. What you need to do is to route the messages back to the same thread. Have you forgotten that?

See the included screenprints. In my example I am even creating a copy of the original file, hence the 2 routes.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

Mohammed Muzammil
      Participant

Thank you both for the prompt reply.

Please find my netconfig file attached. I have created a new route rule to route to the same thread. The file is being picked up by the IB thread, however nothing is being written to the OB thread.

I can see some TCL’s in your netconfigs:  

I have a very basic question: Will a TCL script be required for this transfer process?

At the moment, for test purposes, the only task I wanted to achieve was a simple file transfer for one dir to another. (no filename/data manipulation etc).

Regards,

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Well, it depends on how you want the transfer to work.

What you have configured right now is that all files from the inbound directory will be taken and their content will be appended to the file ‘test.txt’ in the outbound directory. I have tried this configuration myself and this works; see the included screenprints and test-files.

But if you want the separate files to be copied to the outbound directory, you will need to use a specific TCL-proc called ‘gc_getIBFilesetNameForOB’ (it should be in your installation) and put it in the Directory Parse of the Fileset/Local Properties and in the TPS Inbound Data. This proc will take the filename of this file (= message) and put it in the metadata of this message. The outbound filename that you have put in (test.txt) will then be ignored.

Some screenprints of this as well in the Word-document.

Hope this helps.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

One of the reasons I use two threads is so that it is easier for others monitoring the integration to see what is happening with just a cursory glance.

Either way will obviously work.

I have nearly always needed to deploy some Tcl when doing file transfers (not that Ido that many) although the procs Iuse are generic so I only need to provide the appropriate arguments.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Only 3 attachments per post. This is the result-file.

Mohammed Muzammil
      Participant

Thank you Robert,Jim:

I did one change to the thread configuration settings (as per your screenshot) and it got it working!

– Under the Route messages tab, the Route name was changed to _HCI_static_route_  (by default it was named ‘New Id’..).

Maybe this name/identifier is used internally by CL to route?

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Ah! I missed that one.

You get the id ‘_HCI_static_route_’ by pushing the button ‘Set static route’. You do this when you want to route ALL messages, regardless of the trx id that was setup (or not) on the Inbound tab (‘Trx id determination Format’).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags