Failed to resend next msg. Please help.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Failed to resend next msg. Please help.

• Creator
    Topic
    Richard Gibbs
    Participant

We are using Cloverleaf 6.1.0.0 and discovered, this week, that we are unable to resend messages from SMAT and SMAT Database.

Previously, we used SMAT to find and resend rejected messages.  We discovered, this week, that messages were resent were not reaching the destination server and searches using SMAT and SMAT Database were unable to find the resent messages.

In additiona, we discovered that the Resend Result dialog box was displaying the following:

Command Issued:

hcicmd -p n_affinity -c “n_affinity_out resend_db ob_post_tps /hci/cis6.1/integrator/temp/tmpb79d1faca397f3db_6818551c_14a0d16ae04__7ffe_141755925121536 -e UTF-8 -E 0 -D sqlite”

Command status: 0

Command output:

Response:

Placed 1 msgs from file /hci/cis6.1/integrator/temp/tmpb79d1faca397f3db_6818551c_14a0d16ae04__7ffe_141755925121536 into the ob_post_tps queue

Failed to place next msg into queue: Resend destination only works at IB side.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Richard,

I would recommend contacting Support to understand how the Re-send functionality may differ in SMAT when using the SMAT database vs. file-based SMAT (pre 6.1).  It may be a matter of simply changing the options within the tool to get it to send.

We aren’t on 6.1 yet, so I can’t provide any “real” advice, but I will keep this in mind when we upgrade.

Thanks,

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Richard Gibbs
      Participant

Thanks, Jim!

I’ll follow up with Support as you recommend, however, the problem appears to have occurred before we moved from SMAT to SMAT Database, as well.

We upgraded from SMAT to SMAT DB at 11:00 pm on 11/30 and we resent messages on 11/26 that never went through and were unable to find in the 11/26 SMAT file.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

The error is indicating you may have attempted to name the destination thread for the resend but it is on an outbound thread at the outbound post-tps.

I don’t think you can do that since you would not resend DATA FROM an ob thread only TO an ob thread.

Check your options and see if that is what you specified.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Richard,

Try unchecking include Metadata in the resend dialog.  I found the same issue when trying it.  Unchecking allowed it to process.  On the down side, I still consider that a bug since there are some instances that you would want the metadata, like on a upoc, file or ftp protocols, but I don’t have any of those migrated yet to check.  

Thanks

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Richard Gibbs
      Participant

Thanks, John!

We found the same workaround on Friday, but I’m glad you responded, because I also consider this a bug and wonder what other “new features” we will discover in 6.1.

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Make sure you get the 6.1 patch.  We reported a purge cache issue not reloading the tables which they fixed in 6.1.0.2.

Good luck,

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Please submit a ticket on this on Infor Xtreme!

-- Max Drown (Infor)

John Mercogliano
      Participant

I have created Incident number 8239273 for this issue.

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Alice Kazin
      Participant

Did you get any reply on your incident?   How does one get the 6.1.02 patch?  I didn’t see it on Infor Extreme.

John Mercogliano
      Participant

The Defect number is 483516.  It has been handed off to R&D but I have not heard anything back.  

I received the patch 6.1.0.2 as part of my incident resolution for the purge cache issue but I don’t see it in the list either.  Assuming they have not made it available for general release you might need to create an incident and ask for it.  You can reference our incident number 7863117,  bug. AR11892. This was released as a Hot fix, not sure how that is different from a patch 😕

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Received an update from R&D.  It is now listed as a bug.

Quote:

It is a bug of cloverleaf. AR12389 is submitted. Product management is responsible for schedule and release of a patch or inclusion in the next release.

Thanks,

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags