extra "" pair shown at string defined fields HL7 O

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf extra "" pair shown at string defined fields HL7 O

• Creator
    Topic
    Hongle Sun
    Participant

Hello, I am trying to do my first VFL configuration, which translates a CVS file to hl7 with xlate file. However, I see string defined fields in HL7 outbound message have extra “”,such  as, patient name PID 5,  outbound field data shows like “Lastname, FirstName”. I understand that “” roots from the cvs files, but I would like to get rid off

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

We are on Cloverleaf 5.6.

What this is: following the CSV ‘standard’ a field which has a field separator as part of the data is enclosed in “.

I hoped that by defining the ‘Escape Pair” in teh VRL configurator the Xlate would handle this automatically – it does not (at least I could not get it to handle it).

So I used a xltp type proc we have to trim teh ” off of both ends of the field inside the Xlate.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Hongle Sun
      Participant

Thanks Jim. Would you mind asking the etra quesiton regarding the fileset-ftp. I’m just wandering if i can use the protocol to get file in window? how?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags