Exception Error: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: create

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Exception Error: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: create

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Bernard
    Participant

I’m receiving the following error when I try to launch the PortableIDE.exe (version19.1) and try to choose a site:

An unexpected exception occurred during the login process.
              The exception shown below was caught.
              Exception creating connection to: clovertest; nested exception is:
              java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument: create
    I have admin access to my PC, checked my app permissions and firewall and verified that my java is using the latest version but still get the same error.
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Have you restarted your host server?

Joseph Bernard
        Participant

I rebooted the host server and I’m still getting the same error.  Any other ideas?

Joseph Bernard
      Participant

We haven’t rebooted in about 7 months but in our group of 6, I’m the only one receiving this error and I get this same error when trying to connect to Prod as well. (which is a separate server).

Should I still try rebooting the server?

Paul Stein
      Participant

Have you stopped and started the host server(which is the web server that communicates with your IDE and cloverleaf). That is not the same as restarting your server.

If you have command line access in the server, assuming you’d be signed in as user hci, then perform this action to kill the host server

hciss -k h

Then start the host server back up after 30-45 seconds and allow it to full start, wait another 30-45

hciss -s h

Also can you enter the internal ip rather than the server name clovertest in the gui?

Joseph Bernard
        Participant

Hi Paul – Yes, I restarted the host server but I’m getting the same error message.  I also tried using the IP address instead of the DNS name but that didn’t help either.  Any other suggestions?

Paul Stein
      Participant

Could be an internal firewall route since you stated you updated your PCs/laptop’s internal windows firewall.

Are you having this issue for all sites/environments?

I’d suggest trying to ping the server IP, and also telnet whatever port the host server listening port, which on 19.1 is 13023.

If you can’t ping or telnet the port, then you will need to work with your firewall team to make sure your PC/Laptop has a route to the CL server, and that it can access the CL Host server port.

Joseph Bernard
      Participant

Hey Paul – This issue was resolved by uninstalling the Portable IDE from my desktop and re-installing it directly on my c: drive.  I don’t know why this would have made a difference since I’ve used it from my desktop before but it’s working now from the c: drive.  Thanks for your input.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags