Error 12 – Not enough space in Error Log

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Error 12 – Not enough space in Error Log

• Creator
    Topic
    Andre van Olden
    Participant

I noticed the following “SPACE” error that is showing up on one of my threads:

Engine idle — 03/13/2006 06:38:43

03/13/2006 08:47:18

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:sw67quest_out] read failed: Connection timed out

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:sw67quest_out] read returned error 12 (Not enough space)

[pdl :PDL :ERR /0:sw67quest_out] PDL signaled exception: code 1, msg device error (remote side probably shut down)

Engine idle — 03/13/2006 08:47:48

There has been no traffic on this thread, so was really interested in an explanation of this error and any solutions to prevent this from occurring.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Michael Davis
      Participant

I received this same error today.

Does anyone have any info on this?

does ‘error 12 (Not enough space)’ refer to space on the engine or on the application we are attempting to send to?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Based on the information provided, I would say it is the receiving system that has the issue.

However, I would suggest turning up the engine ‘noise’ level and when the problem recurs, check the log for additional information to see if that clarifies matters.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Michael Davis
      Participant

Thank you!  That was my assessment as well, but I was surprised to see such a detailed error message from what I am guessing is the NAK.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Michael,

I don’t think that is a NAK (That would be a message actually returned not a PDL error).

My best guess is the receiving system is out of memory.

Again with the ‘noise’ level turned up, more intelligence can be garnered.

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Tim Wanner
      Participant

This was recommended by support:

Hi Tim, make a copy of the mlp_tcp.pdl, modify the mlp_tcp.pdl like the following below, and then compile the pdl:

hci_pd_msg_style basic phrase:basic-msg

field:data

timeout:60000

resync:\xb

james tey
      Participant

Tim Wanner wrote:

This was recommended by support:

Hi Tim, make a copy of the mlp_tcp.pdl, modify the mlp_tcp.pdl like the following below, and then compile the pdl:

hci_pd_msg_style basic phrase:basic-msg

field:data

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags