Epic http interface to Cloverleaf

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Epic http interface to Cloverleaf

• Creator
    Topic
    Lucy Maupin
    Participant

Has anyone setup an http RTF interface from Epic’s Interconnect servers?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Not sure this is the same, but I have set up an HL7 interface with Epic where a base 64 encoded PDF comes into Interconnect and is stored on Epic Web Blob server and a reference pointer to the document is inserted in the HL7 message and relayed to Bridges.  Also, I have set up an interface that calls Epic web service on Interconnect with HL7 message as payload in XML and this message is passed onto Bridges.  However, nothing specific with RTF.

Do any of these sound like what you want?

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Brian Hochenedel
      Participant

I may be doing the base64 thing to blob for an incoming transcription interface. Was there anything difficult with the interconnect or blob setup? I assume between the reference guide and my ts I should be fine. How/where did you encode the obx 5.5 field? TCL in the inbound tps or in xlate somewhere? I would love to hear any pointers you may have.

Lucy Maupin
      Participant

Robert you’re doing what I’m trying to do except I’m getting RTF in OBX.5 instead of a PDF. However, I found out from support that I need the caa-sc adapter to communicate with the Epic Interconnect server. We are still on version 5.7 and the caa-sc adpter will not run on 5.7. I’ll be in touch after I have this thread in a 6.0 site. Thanks, Lucy

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

The Interconnect set up will require admin rights to the Interconnect server.  My TS was quite helpful and the first couple of times walked me through it.  You need to edit the listenermanager config file to add a new interface listener and relate it to a particular WBS (Blob server) instance.

The system sending data to Epic encoded the PDF, but I found some useful utilities to encode/decode, so I could validate the payload.  Some vendors say they send encoded data, but alas, there was garbage in the OBX.  By being able to decode it myself, outside Epic, I could build a case the problem was there.  In once instance, I had to write a TCL proc to strip out the literal X0D, but using the tool, I found the TCL proc was the correct action to get the PDF, as the vendor would not comply.

Hope this helps,

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

James Cobane
      Participant

Lucy,

You shouldn’t need an adapter on Cloverleaf to communicate with Epic/Interconnect.

Lucy Maupin
      Participant

Hi James, We currently have the Bridges OutGoing Documentation interface going to 3M 360. We are upgrading to Epic 2014 and Epic’s latest recommendation is to change to the EPS->BLOB->Interconnect http->Cloverleaf connection. Not only do I need to be on Cloverleaf version >5.8 but I’m hearing there is a cost for the CAA_WS web service module. It’s not required for the Epic upgrade so we’ll probably stay with what we have for now. Thanks, Lucy

James Cobane
      Participant

Lucy,

I do recall the change in the Outgoing Documentation interface from the 2014 NVT.  So, this is something we will be looking forward to as well.  ðŸ™‚

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

James Cobane
      Participant

So, to re-open this thread:  “Is anyone doing inbound HTTPS with Epic?”  We are starting our upgrade to Epic 2014 and was wondering if anyone has made the switch regarding the Outgoing Documentation interface from Epic.  I’m assuming that this will require the additional Web services add-on; which, in my opinion, should be part of the base product.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Belinda Sams
      Participant

I’m currently trying to connect Cloverleaf to Interconnect and not having much luck. I’m stuck at an opening state and my TS doesn’t know what the issue is on the Epic side. We have tried changing the ports once already and it didn’t work. How did others get this to work? What were your settings? Maybe I goofed up there. Thanks.

Mark Thompson
      Participant

Just curious which protocol type you are using on the Cloverleaf side.  Are you going through the Cloverleaf CA-WSS adapter?

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

Epic Interconnect can talk to engine directly via TCP/IP connection, but you’ll need to set up an HL7 listener in the listenermanager.config file on Interconnect server.  Your TS should be able to help you set that up.

Hope this helps,

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Belinda Sams
      Participant

We have it setup as TCP/IP, it still will not connect. Attached is my setup.

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

No doubt your Cloverleaf config is solid.  However, what does your listenermanager.config file on Interconnect server look like.  If you don’t have a Listener defined on the Interconnect box, Cloverleaf won’t have anything to connect to.

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Belinda Sams
      Participant

We have the listener defined in the config file but maybe something is off there. At least I confirmed my setup looks good. I will ask Epic to look at the config file again. Maybe they missed something.

Belinda Sams
      Participant

So after changing the port twice I decided to try a different protocol, http: client. I got a connection but the message errored. Attached is the message and error.

aaron kaufman-moore
      Participant

Belinda,

For our connection to the Epic Interconnect/WBS server (version 2012), we have the outbound thread in Cloverleaf with the Outbound Only box checked in the Inbound Tab (page 3 of your attachment).  That appears to be the only difference between the setup in our cloverleaf thread versus yours.

I’ve been digging through my notes for the setup on the Epic side and one thing to make sure is that the setup is completed on both interconnect servers if you have load balancing.  

Here are the notes I have for what to look for in Interconnect:

Go to c:program

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags