Enhancement Request: FILESET DIRPARSE provide full path in file list

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Enhancement Request: FILESET DIRPARSE provide full path in file list

Should the full path information be provided with file list in DirParse UPoC

Determining community reception to extending DirParse file list to include full path.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Creator
    Topic
    Jim Kosloskey
    Participant

It would be useful if at the DIRPARSE UPoC the full path to the provided file were given as it is in the Fileset Delete UPoC.

I would think this should not be a big issue to do since the engine knows where the files are it put into the list.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Interesting, I cannot edit the original post. Now that I realize the Fileset Protocol allows scanning of multiple directories (at least in 19.1 and 2209), I think it is even more imperative the full path be presented in the DirParse list.

For example, one might want to include files ending in.xml from one directory but not another, or during DirParse, one might want to copy files from the source to an archive directory before the files are processed. If only one directory is selected, then one currently could specify that directory in a DirParse proc argument. One could provide a list of directories in that argument that corresponds to what is in the configuration directories but that exposes to error and unwieldiness.

In my opinion, it should definitely be a requirement the full path be presented in the DirParse UPoC.

For backward compatibility, the adding of the path could be a configuration check box as is getting a long list currently.

Your thoughts?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags