Enhanced IDE – colored icons

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Enhanced IDE – colored icons

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Keys
    Participant

I attended the Great Lakes User Group meeting in Chicago last week and there was lively discussion around things we would like to see in future releases of Cloverleaf. As part of this discussion, we were introduced to the “Hook & Loop” design team at Infor, who is responsible for the minimalist look and feel of the 6.x IDE.

One of the major drawbacks to this is the emphasis on a purely white background and grayscale icons.

During our initial 6.x implementation, I was given a clgui.jar file from Goutham that contained some colored icons, which greatly enhances the IDE. I was told that this would be standard in 6.2, but it isn’t. As a result, I’ve had to continually hack the clgui.jar file to reinsert these colored icons.

I mentioned this to the other attendees and there was great interest in this enhancement. As a result, I am attaching a link to my “hacked” clgui.jar files for you to evaluate.

Link here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blv6f803rxd6wmm/AADmVFa0OSMKJXgQvTzWgl6da?dl=0” class=”bbcode_url”>https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blv6f803rxd6wmm/AADmVFa0OSMKJXgQvTzWgl6da?dl=0

Disclaimer: These files are an attempt to enhance the Cloverleaf 6.1.2 and 6.2 IDE’s by adding colored icons. This is not approved by Infor, so use at your discretion. As always, backup your original client clgui.jar file before using these files. I take no responsibility for any damage these may do to your Cloverleaf client.

Files are as follows (rename to clgui.jar):

clgui612.jar – 6.1.2 client clgui.jar file

clgui32.jar – 6.2 32-bit portable client clgui.jar file

clgui64.jar – 6.2 64-bit portable client clgui.jar file

I’ve also attached a couple of screenshots so you can see the difference.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Levy Lazarre
      Participant

Mike,

Thank you for your contribution. Excellent job! It’s working great for us.

Bob Schmid
      Participant

does the mods to clgui.jar work under 6.1.4?

Mike Keys
      Participant

Bob,

It should work just fine, BUT you need the images from one of the files that match your environment to the clgui.jar file.

Bob Schmid
      Participant

so if I download your 612 jar file  …and  place it in: /cloverleaf/cis6.1/integrator/clgui/lib (arfer saving current clgui.jar)

– it should work for 6.1.4

there may be other (image) files I may need ?…I guess ill find out

🙂

Thanks

Bob Schmid
      Participant

as a downloads nor email attachment

would it be possible to place a file out on dropbox with a different extension?

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Thanks for your help

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags