Email from an xlate code fragment

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Email from an xlate code fragment

• Creator
    Topic
    Dennis Dunn
    Participant

Hello,

I would like to notify staff from within an xlate action whenever a tbllookup fails.  My first attempt at this used the smtp and mime tcl packages to send an email to a specified address.

When I tested the xlate using the testing tool, everything worked as expected.  The table lookup would fail and the email would be sent.  Sweet!

When I then moved the xlate into our test environment the thread would crash.  I removed the smtp code from the xlate, cleaned up the pid file etc, and the thread would operate correctly.

Should this work?  That is, are there some aspects of the engine or the translate thread that would prevent an SMTP connection from within the translate?  Do you have any suggestions on how I might be able to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks for your time.  

–dennis

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Chris Williams
      Participant

In HP-UX we do a similar operation when the tbllookup returns the default value, and we handle it using sendmail while forcing the message to the error db:

Code:

set errVariable {}
      if [catch {xpmerror $xlateId alldetail “DrSig ($dictatorSig) not in table”} errVariable] {
         system echo “Subject: $errVariable” | sendmail -fCloverleaf — $emailAddress
      }

Dennis Dunn
      Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll look into the system command.  I’ve got a couple of Windows command line mailers I can try.

–dennis

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags