Duplicate Emails from site

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Duplicate Emails from site

• Creator
    Topic
    Steve Cushway
    Participant

I’m getting duplicate emails from alerts for one site only, the Emails from identical alerts work fine in the other sites. The alert is only triggered once but I get two emails. Exec :mail -s “SWMC LIVESITE %A” steve.cushway@xxx.com Command_center@xxx.com. We are on a UNIX OS, Cloverleaf 5.4. Does anybody have any ideas?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jonathan Christian
      Participant

I believe I’m seeing the same issue, myself. When attempting to trigger a UNIX shell script from the alert exec for threads that go out of UP proto status for longer than 30 minutes, the engine triggers the same exec sequence twice. So instead of receiving ONE alert email kicked off by the shell script, we’re getting two.

Here’s what my alert looks like:

Code:

{VALUE pstat} {SOURCE {test_thread_in}} {MODE actual} {WITH -2} {COMP {!= up}} {FOR once} {WINDOW {* * * * * *}} {HOST {}} {ACTION {{exec {emailAlert.sh  [Facility] [IP_Address] [Site] “%A” dummy@email.com}}}}

This doesn’t happen when it’s setup to trigger against queue depth, but it does when I set it against proto or engine status.

I’ve spun my wheels on this for hours, and can’t seem to find the silver bullet to slay the beast. Any assistance on this would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Folks,

We are on AIX5.3 TL8 SP3 running CIS5.6 Rev2 and had an issue with launching exec mail commands from the alert configuration due to not running the mail commands in the background.  Try adding an & (ampersand) to the end of the exec mail command and see if that doesn’t clear up your problems.

Enjoy.

Jonathan Christian
      Participant

Hey Robert,

Here’s what I’ve got in the alert exec line:

Code:

$HCIROOTsbinemailAlert.sh Facility001 192.168.1.1 site_01 “%A” Jon_Christian@chs.net

And here’s where I’m calling the mail command in my shell script:

Code:

mail -s “$subject” $mailto < $fname

I’ve tried putting an ampersand after both of those lines, but I’m still getting two emails for each time the alert is triggered. Am I doing something wrong here?

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Do you know the contents of the variable “$mailto” when

this command executes?  Perhaps, the recipient is passed

as a double string like “recipient@address recipient@address”

with the address as the same value.

BobR

Jonathan Christian
      Participant

I do indeed. Mailto is set the fifth argument passed into the korn shellscript from the exec line. In this case, it’s simply my email address (Jon_Christian@chs.net).

Here’s the exec command with all of the arguments in square brackets this time, for readability:

Code:

$HCIROOTsbinemailAlert.sh [Facility001] [192.168.1.1] [site_01] [”%A”] [Jon_Christian@chs.net]

And here

Bob Richardson
      Participant

When you look at the hcimonitord.log file for the site, do you see this alert firing twice?  Maybe it is time to call in the Healthvision support folks

and quit beating your head on the wall?

Let us know how this issue gets resolved.

You can never tell when the problem shows up at our doorsteps!

Bill Marsch
      Participant

we have alerts running 5.7 and are experiancing the same issue of two emails per alert.  This does appear to be a healthvision issue that needs to be resolved for all versions.

Vince Angulo
      Participant

I’ve had a similar situation develop in the last few days.  We are on CIS 5.4, AIX 5.3.

We’ve had an MFN interface for our doctor master file running fat, dumb and happy for a few years that uses a xlt proc with “exec mailx” command to notify applications staff when doctors are added or dropped.

During our most recent scheduled downtime the CIS server was bounced and did not come up normally — details are sketchy, but it was eventually recovered — except for this duplicate e-mail anomoly.

Any insight that can help me provide direction to my systems counterpart in troubleshooting would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags