Dequeue messages

• Creator
    Topic
    Bryon Kury
    Participant

Is there a cloverleaf method for de-queuing messages.

If a “NAK” is being sent and resent, i want to move it out of the way so i can get other messages to process. I would like to de-queue the message and move on. we are currently doing that with TCL code.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

If you don’t care whether the reply is an ACK or NAK, you could simply put the ‘hcitpsmsgkill’ proc in the TPS Inbound Reply context and that will simply KILL every reply message and the engine will simply send  the next message upon receipt of the ACK/NAK.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Bryon Kury
      Participant

No, i would not want to kill the message. i just need to get it out of the way for the messages behind it to process.

James Cobane
      Participant

My post was referencing KILLing the actual ACK/NAK, not the outbound message.

bill bearden
      Participant

Bryon,

Kinda guessing here…

In NetConfig for that thread, what is the setting of Retries on the Outbound tab in the Outbound Data section? Is it set to -1?

On some of our connections, messages error out after a few retries. That isn’t exactly what you are asking for (they aren’t KILLed). But, at least, the thread doesn’t stop processing other messages. Maybe you can put something in Send Fail Procs.

Bill

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags