Delimiter and Email Address

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Delimiter and Email Address

• Creator
    Topic
    Gina Borden
    Participant

I have an interface that uses the @ sign as a delimiter, now they want to pass email address.  My IF statement is failing because of the @ in the email address:

Fetch failure on ‘{IF data fetch produced multiple values.}’

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Gina

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Keith McLeod
      Participant

HL7? Do you receive the delimiter that way from a source system?  Is the source system escape sequence aware and can it send an escape sequence within the fields where the @ symbol is part of the fields content?  My first thought is have the source system make the change.

This is like doing an if statement on the Value of R&D or H&P.  You will get multiple values and bomb out.  The below should be more reflective on that these escape sequences represent the values contained in MSH:1 and MSH:2 as opposed to fixed values.

The table below shows the HL7 Escape sequences, and how they are converted:

Character Description Conversion

Cxxyy Single-byte character set escape sequence with two hexadecimal values not converted

E Escape character converted to escape character (e.g.,

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Here is a possible solution though.

Copy the field you are testing to a variable and run your if statement against the variable.

I sometimes have to use this when the field value contains spaces or &’s.

Copy bob@email.com –> @email

if @email eq

do something

Give it a try…

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Gena,

Is the @ in your MSH-1 or MSH-2?

What release of Cloverleaf?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

To add onto Keith’s thought, because I’ve had to do this a lot with & in various fields.  I CONCAT the field using & as the delimiter (in your case @) sending result to variable, then since the engine is using a variable and not an HL7 field, there is not problem with delimeter in the variable. Here is excerpt from one of my Xlates:

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

In Cloverleaf 6.0 one can now ‘see’ the subcomponent separator in a Xlate pre proc giving one the opportunity to do something about it.

It is no longer parsed out of xlateInVals.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags