Delay Sending Messages

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf General Delay Sending Messages

• Creator
    Topic
    vdurst
    Participant

Hello, I am looking to delay sending A38 for 24 hours.

Situation: In our workflow, the A38 (preadmit cxl) is fires before an S14 (Sched update) so we need to hold/delay A38’s for a day.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Craig Weldy
      Participant

Van,

There may be more elegant ways to go about this, but in the past what we have done in this situation is to put a tcl script on the “TPS inbound data ” side of the thread coming from the sending system (SEND_SYS_IN).  The script will look for A38 messages and write the whole message to a file (one message per file).

Then I have a cron entry that starts a unix (AIX system) shell script every hour that looks at the directory where the files are written and finds every file that is more than 24 hours old and using the command line version of the cloverleaf commands, replays the messages on a second inbound thread (REPLAY_THREAD_IN) used specifically for the message replay.  Both the initial inbound thread and the replay inbound thread are routed to the outbound thread to the receiving system.

SEND_SYS_IN  ============>  REC SYS_OUT

/

/

REPLAY_THREAD_IN ====/

Any Xlating that needs to be done can be done on the route from REPLAY_THREAD_IN to REC_SYS_OUT.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Craig Weldy
      Senior Interface Analyst
      Beacon Health System
      South Bend, In, 46615

David Barr
      Participant

I’d probably route the messages to files (one message per file), and use a fileset-ftp interface to read the files back in. I’d use a dirparse proc on the inbound thread to only read files that were older than 24 hours.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags