Database lookup with null input file inCL6.2

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Database lookup with null input file inCL6.2

• Creator
    Topic
    Brenda Carpenter
    Participant

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any insight or seen this before.  We just upgraded our test environment from 6.1 to 6.2 and found one issue where the read to a database was occurring even if no input data was found, the read was nested in an IF stmt.  The output from this DB read was giving multiple { } in the output field, which we did not see this in 6.1.  It looks like one set of parens per character of field since I had two fields with different amounts of parens.  PV1.8 & PV1.9 below from an ORder msg

PV1||E|EDGR^2026^00||||999912|{} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {}|{} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {}|EMR|||||||{} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {} {}||8002437|||||||||||||||||||||||||20170629103200

I put in a work around for now, to only make the database call if the input field contains data, so all set for now, but this translator was not an issue when running on 6.1

If stmt went something like this, since we have two hospitals one one system:

If this is a Crouse patient,

read the database and get the Crouse provider ID for this Dr number

else

read the database and get the CMH Provider ID for this Dr number

endif

So in some cases, the Dr number was not present since not all Dr Numbers are required in Soarian. ie., Consulting Dr.  

As I mentioned, I added additional check for data before testing if Crouse or CMH patient and that is bypassing the read altogether.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Brenda

• The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags