cron for hcisitedoc

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf cron for hcisitedoc

• Creator
    Topic
    Ron Swain
    Participant

OK, I got my Site Documentation fixed within the GUI and have developed a script to generate the documentation from the command line. I can run the script successfully from command line and have setup a cron to run periodically to update the documentation. The cron job shows the script executing but the files are not generating. Am I missing something?

Below is the script and the setup cron job

Script

Code:

#!/bin/bash

cd /home/hci
    source .profile
    export CL_INSTALL_DIR=/global/hci/cis6.1

setroot

setsite eis_mstr_test

/global/hci/cis6.1/integrator/bin/hcisitedoc -s eis_mstr_test epic_adt_test epic_ent_test epic_rtf_test hasdm_res_test pss_res_test -d /global/hci/cis6.1/integrator

Code:

# Refresh Cloverleaf Site Documentation
    30 9 * * * ifactive /global/hci/cis6.1/integrator/bin/autositedoc.sh >>/dev/null 2>&1

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Ron Swain
      Participant

A little more information. Running the command stand alone  in a shell I have to have the X11 option turned off. I am suspecting this is why it is not executing when told too by the cron.

Mark Thompson
      Participant

Hello Ron,

Based on ‘#!/hci/bin/bash’ I’m guessing you are running on Linux.  Correct?

Can you provide any detail on the ifactive script that gets called from cron before running hcisitedoc?

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Ron Swain
      Participant

Thanks Mark; but I resolved it last night. Below is the line from the cron that runs the script to update and generate the site documentation:

30 23 * * * ifactive  export DISPLAY=:0.0;  /global/hci/cis6.1/integrator/bin/autositedoc.sh >>/dev/null 2>&1

The autositedoc.sh is just a short script that executes the hcisitedoc for all of our cloverleaf sites and places the output in the directory we need it in.  It seems the part I was missing was the “DISPLAY=:0.0”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags