creating new bitmaps

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf creating new bitmaps

• Creator
    Topic
    Michael Adams
    Participant

Is it possible to create new bitmaps for use in the NetConfig?  If so, how?  It looks like the xpm and xbm files are just text files, but I cannot seem to edit them to create new bitmaps.  Am I missing something?

-Mike

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Alan James
      Participant

I don’t know about creating new files for use in NetConfig, but I have more than the standard library of .gif files, furnished by one of my McKesson resources, that I’d be willing to share with you if you’d like…

David Caragay
      Participant

You can use any simple gif editor and format the image to 65×60 pixels.  Save it with a gif extension and place under the /integrator/bitmaps/ directory.  You can then select it in the thread configuration setup.  The image will only display in Netconfig.  Hope this helps.

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Running 5.6.

David would you have an example of GIFs that work for you? I’ve tried editing several at 65×60…and nothing appears in 5.6 NetConfig.

Maybe in 5.6…there may be a requirement for XPMs/XBMs that Healthvision can give us?

Russ Ross
      Participant

I thought Jim and I had already visted this topic while installing and testing QDX 5.6, so I looked in the $HCIROOT/bitmaps directory and sure enough found a russ.JPG test file in their.

I was able to load it in the NetConfig just fine under AIX 5.3 using QDX 5.6 rev2.

I don’t remeber making any attempt to size the bitmap to any particular dimension but made it an approapriate size just by eyeballing it.

I created the bitmap using a screen grab utility like either hardcopy or snagit and then used windows picture and fax viewer to convert the BMP file to a JPG file.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Keith McLeod
      Participant

We have many.gif files that we use in 5.6.  They can now be displayed in both the netconfig and you can als0 change your client options to display in Netmonitor.  I would recommend using a slightly dfferent size, say 60X30 if you intend to display in the netmonitor.  I have found this size with the thread name not included in the threads pictorial expansion gives a consistent view in the Netmonitor.  i.e. all threads appear the same size.  The image appears at the top of the thread and allows for easy recognition of the vendor or application or both depending on what you have used for your icons/images…. And jpegs also work.

Keith, would  you be willing to post a screen shot of one of your netconfigs and the corresponding netmonitor?

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Here are bitmaps displayed in netconfig and netmonitor.

The is a really cool idea.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Bob Richardson
      Participant

Just curious here…

You don’t have any routing issues with the process cmd thread with destination connection names that exceed 15 characters?

I have been trained to keep them no greater than 15 characters under the assumption that the engine can get “confused” as to where to route a message to threads whose names exceed 15 characters.

Always open to enlightenment…

BobR

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I have not had issues with the names except in cycling saved messages.  There is a format section to hciconnstatus that can be elongated.  Once this change is in place I have it set to 28 characters.  It appears to  work fine…This lengthens the unique portion of the name to 28 characters.  I can only speculate that the hcicyclesavemsgs command uses grep on the output of hciconnstatus which is why this issue exists…..Froma routing perspective, I will keep my eyes open, but as of yet had no complaints.

Bob Schmid
      Participant

I’m sorry to be-labor the point…we are running Cl on AIX. I cannot, for the life of me,

figure out why I cannot get a graphics file to work in the NetConfig. Running 5.6 rev2.

What is the format standard for the bitmaps in Cloverleaf?

Russ Ross
      Participant

Make sure you FTP the file to your AIX server in binary mode.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

I had a problem with seeing icons I had pulled in to use.  Turns out it was a permissions problem.  Once I found that, the bitmaps now work.  I am not using .jpg but all the .gifs work.  Thanx!

Bob Schmid
      Participant

do you mean the attributes of the bitmaps directory, the hostserver ?

the folder is owned by hci:staff. rw on hci and staff. BItmaps are readable…..

Thanks I appreciate your time.

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Attribute of x on world on files

Tim Gobbel
      Participant

/quovadx = 777 /qdx5.6 = 755 /integrator = 775 /bitmaps = 775

icon files = 777

all are owner=hci, group=staff

Bob Schmid
      Participant

Thanks FOlks. I must have missed this in the doc’s  ðŸ˜†

Darcy Kemp
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your screenshot of the bitmaps.  Are those port numbers in your thread names as well?   it looks helpful.

Darcy Kemp
      Participant

THank you for sharing your screenshot of the bitmaps, are those port numbers in your thread names?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags