Create your own table for hcitpstblconvert

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Create your own table for hcitpstblconvert

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Canavan
    Participant

Is it possible to create your own table for hcitpstblconvert. I’m receiving a file from an inbound interface that has been converted from EBCDIC to ASCII but leaves 2 characters converted wrong. I’m getting a hex a6 instead of hex 7c (the pipe) and a hex ac instead of hex 5e (the caret). Can I create a table to convert these characters and call it in hcitpstblconvert?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

What version of Cloverleaf.  You may be better off just change encoding like cp037.

If you really need it you can build your own table

Build a table similar to the way hci_e2a and ibm_e2a are built.

Then simply call the available proc hcitpstblconvert with args {TABLENAME xxxx}

Tom Canavan
      Participant

Thanks Charlie. I didn’t really want to build my own table but it was looking like I might need to. Then I got the answer from posting my question in a different way. It turned out when I was trying to convert using tr I was using the decimal value of the character and not the octal. A quick change and it’s working fine. I’m going to look into what CP037 will do. I’ve never worked with anything but binary and ascii encoding options.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags