Could not open database: unable to open database file

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Could not open database: unable to open database file

• Creator
    Topic
    Jonathan Christian
    Participant

Hello All –

I’ve been using SQLite databases to store and return information through the engine for a while, and it’s been a really simple and useful tool to have on hand. However, I have a database and process that’s baffling me right now. The engine is able to read, insert, and delete to/from the database I’ve created through the testing tool (route test and proc test), but when I actually move a message through the engine via thread and route, I get “Could not open database: unable to open database file” from the error catch.

I’ve rebuilt the thread, isolated the procedure from any others in the proc stack by creating a temp dummy route with only the proc on it, rebuilt the SQLite database from scratch, etc. Still no luck.

Any ideas on why the proc works in one, but not the other?

Kind Regards,

Jon Christian

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

check permissions.  Test tool may be running as a different user from the engine

Jonathan Christian
      Participant

Hey Charlie –

As always, thanks so much for your willingness to help.

I had a feeling it might be a permissions issue as well. So, I logged into the server as hciuser, and ran it both ways with the same result. Wouldn’t this have produced a similar error when attempting to run the proc in the testing tool?

I also checked the Windows permissions for the database in question, and hciuser has admin privileges against that file.

I’m sure it’s something really simple that I’m missing here, but I just can’t seem to figure it out. All of the other SQLite databases I’m reading/writing to and from work like gangbusters.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags