Core.* files

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Core.* files

• Creator
    Topic
    Rich
    Participant

I have a process that has core files that are growing too quickly (currently 440,418,304 on one of them), and have two questions on this.

1. can I shut down the process and delete the core files?
    2. How do I reduce the logging level on a process?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

• Rich
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Matthew Brophy
      Participant
      1. On your process log, how much is it logging? More than transaction events? If so, check to make sure the thread Engine Log Configuration (full control of thread) does not have “enable_all” toggled (use “disable_all”) and cycle the process to see if you get significantly less data in the process log.
      2. if you are getting CORE files, that would indicate you have a memory leak associated with this process that will eventually crash your process.  Check your error log to ensure there are no glaring issues, correct them, and restart the site process and remove the coreddump file.  Check the error database to ensure message health is in order and no routing/xlates need correcting.
      3. If need be, stop all inbound threads to exhaust the recovery database and perform a siteinit to eliminate runaway processes on this site that would be causing a coredump
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags