Converting an A08 to A02

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Converting an A08 to A02

• Creator
    Topic
    David Teh
    Participant

Hi folks,

For a current system that is already receiving ADTs, we have XLTs that are converting the SAP HCM messages to the recipient’s custom HL7 format.

There is a new request to convert an A08 to an A02, should 3 of the HCM fields fulfil certain conditions. Those A08 messages that don’t fulfil those condition will continue as A08.

An A02 is rather different from an A08, so I am not too sure how you would do this in an XLT, especially when the A08 XLT already has “A08” HL7 format defined as the outbound format.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Paul Bishop
      Participant

I didn’t think A08’s differed that much from A02’s, but it could just be the variant you’re using.

If there is so much difference so that you can’t just move the “A02” to the MSH-9.1 field, then you would need two translates.  The first would be an A08 to A08 translate, suppressing the messages that meet the condition of the message being converted to A02.  The second would be an A08 to A02 translate, suppress all the messages that don’t meet the condition of being converted to A02.  Then in your routing, you would have two xlate routes under the ADT_A08 trxid routing to the same destination, but using different translates.

If you don’t want the suppresses in the translate, you can also write a quick pre-proc UPOC that kills any messages that meet/don’t meet the condition.  You could do it with one proc and an argument that controls what action is done on a match.  This UPOC would then go on both routes.

That’s the thing about Cloverleaf – lots of ways to do the same thing!

Paul Bishop
      Carle Foundation Hospital
      Urbana, IL

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

One way to do this is to use Xlate Chaining. The first Xlate in the chain produces one of the OB Event Types, the second the other.

The first Xlate CONTINUES the message under the stated conditions which passes it to the chained Xlate. Means  Xlates but it makes the work very discreet and makes what is happening obvious when looking at the NetConfig.

If you have never used chaining and would like a precise I created for my team back when I was at MDACC, email me.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

David Teh
      Participant

Thanks Paul and Jim!

Paul’s suggestion jolted my memory on something similar done almost 15 years ago! 😛

Will quickly go that direction first as this is an urgent implementation for COVID-19.

Keep safe, you guys!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags