Convert RTF to PDF

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Convert RTF to PDF

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Keys
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck using Tcl or something else to convert RTF to a PDF file?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Just curious…

Are you considering converting the files outside of Cloverleaf then processing the converted files inside Cloverleaf or were you think to convert the records as they pass through Cloverleaf?

Is this a Windows or *nix platform?

If Windows, there are a number of tools available which are designed to convert RTF to PDF – I imagine with some level of accuracy. A Internet search will reveal those.

I suspect there may also be some *nix based tools for such a conversion.

So if such a tool was located, one could use exec or system Tcl commands to fire off a script invoking the tools I would suspect.

Part of the answer would depend on where in the Cloverleaf architecture you would see the execution happening I think.

I unfortunately have no specific suggestions just some questions and some thoughts.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

David Barr
      Participant
      Mike Keys
      Participant

Yes, I am trying out one called PDFCreator, but there are some issues…namely truncating of the filename, which has resulted in a rather complex setup.

We are also exploring getting encapsulated PDFs out of our EHR so we can decode into a filename for processing by a homegrown app which makes API calls to an ancillary EMR. I would prefer us to go this route.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags