Convert HL/7 2.3 to 2.5.1

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Convert HL/7 2.3 to 2.5.1

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike Campbell
    Participant

Just got word that our main registration system [Cerner] is going to upgrade from HL/7 2.3 to 2.5.1 sometime this summer.

Anyone had experience doing a conversion like this?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Beall
      Participant

I don’t have an answer to your query but I do have a question.  Is this Cerner Millennium?  And is this upgrade to 2.5.1 part of their 2012 code level upgrade?

Mike Campbell
      Participant

Yes, Cerner Millennium.  I know ‘Run for the hills’!  

Looks like it is with the 2012.01.16 code upgrade.

Jim Beall
      Participant

I pinged one of the Cerner use groups about this and here’s the answer I got (it comes from a Cerner resource who I think moderates the group I posted to).  Her response was:

We will support the HL7 v2.5.1 ORU Result messages for lab and micro results and for immunization reporting.  We actually support HL7 v2.5.1 ORU messages for lab, micro and AP today as MU1 required HL7 v2.5.1 ORU.

However, you will need to turn on the new 2.5.1 triggers in SI Manager.  We won’t just start sending them.  We will continue to support our current HL7 v2.3 triggers.

Mike Campbell
      Participant

Well, at least we’ll have a little breathing room to work into the change.

Thanks for that info!

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Mike,

I expect the level of difficulty will depend on how closely Cerner followed the 2.3 standard and how closely they are following 2.5.1.

The closer they adhere to the standard I suspect the less work you might need.

I would suggest you plan on spending some time having pointed discussions with them regarding the actual use of 2.5.1.

If you have not spent the time to make sure your current 2.3 definitions are accurate you should spend that time now.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags