Controlling font in transcribed report

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Controlling font in transcribed report

• Creator
    Topic
    Gary Sabula
    Participant

Is it possible to control the font of data in outbound messages?  Specifically we’d like the text in OBX 573 (Observation Value) in the outbound message to be in Ariel font rather than the standard (?Courier).  We’re 3.5.4 NT.  Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Wesley Combs
      Participant

This depends entirly on the receiving system.  If they support some type of markup then you could insert that but most likely they don’t. What system are you sending to?

Gary Sabula
      Participant

We’re sending to Meditech’s client/server product.  How would I insert markup, assuming Meditech can accept it?

Bill Bertera
      Participant

You’d have to use rich text notation, I don’t know the specific tags off-hand. Check the web or ideally Meditech’s spec. This is for their Radiology/ITS application I assume?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Gary,

The vendor may indicate to you a set of hex codes to be used to indicate font change. If that is the case, look closely at Chapter 2 paragraph 9 (2.9) for indications of using escaping to transfer special characters.

The vendor will need to support the use of escape (many do not even know the topic is addressed by HL/7).

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Gary Sabula
      Participant

Meditech’s spec refers only to escape sequences for bold, underline, italic etc, but not to specific fonts or rich text.  So it looks like I’m out of luck as far as changing the font in the interface.  Thanks anyway for your suggestions.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags