compile PDL’s after migrate to 5.8

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf compile PDL’s after migrate to 5.8

• Creator
    Topic
    Kevin Scantlan
    Participant

We had problems with our migration to 5.8  .  One of the issues is that the engine cannot find the PDL’s.  Yet I can find them easily enough.  They are in /hci/cis5.8/integrator/pdls.   Support says that we need to compile each of the PDL’s and that should do the trick.  However, I did find that in the install procedure or the site promote procedure.  How was I to know to do that?

Can someone provide some insight?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Aurelien Garros
      Participant

Hi Kevin,

We never had problem with pdls and migration to 5.8. In the mean time, we  don’t use very often pdl in 5.8 thanks to the new TCP/IP option : encapsulated.

The procedure to compile a pdl is : hcipdc file

Regards,

Aurelien

Ronald Ortiz
      Participant

Aurelien Garros wrote:

Hi Kevin,

We never had problem with pdls and migration to 5.8. In the mean time, we

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

/hci/cis5.8/integrator/pdls contains all of the delivered PDLs with the release so there should be many of them in there.

The error is with mlp_tcp3.pdl – I have no idea what that is.  It is not one we wrote that I know about.   Try to compile another one like mlp_tcp.pdl.  Does it compile?  Are you sure when you migrated you did not get a lot of CRLF in you files?

Try this (assuming Unix):

perl -pi -e ‘s/r//g’ *.pdl

Then compile again

On Windows you would have to do one at a time with a slightly different usage:

perl -pi.bak -e “s/r//g”  Which will create a .bak file for each and should be removed when done

Ronald Ortiz
      Participant

Charlie Bursell wrote:

/hci/cis5.8/integrator/pdls contains all of the delivered PDLs with the release so there should be many of them in there.

The error is with mlp_tcp3.pdl – I have no idea what that is.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags