command line

• Creator
    Topic
    Earl Coppedge Jr
    Participant

We are about to make a change to a variant that lots of our xlt translation programs use.  Is there a way to reconfigure batches of the translations via a command line or script?

We are running cloverleaf 5.7 on a linux box.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Earl,

I am not aware of such a command (up to Cloverleaf 5.6 that is).

Don’t forget you also will need to either purge caches or stop/start the processes to pick up the new variant structure in the engine itself.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Rob Lindsey
      Participant

I am not aware of any command line utility that is shipped with CL.

You could write something in PERL, TCL, or any other language that you have access to to make the changes to the “flat” files.  Just a word of warning here… always, always make a backup before you make any changes via another method.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

And realize there will be no revision files created for any tracking or backup.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Keith Oulson
      Participant

I’d be very interested in the results of this project – if you have a moment.

In the past I have used both perl and vim to make bulk changes to xlates using regular expressions.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Scott Folley
      Participant

Reconfiguring the translates is fairly simple because it is just a matter of modifying the xlt_infile or xlt_outfile in the header.  You could likely (assuming you are on a unix platform) use a sed command to do this part.  That comes with the usual caveats that the rest of the folks have already addressed.

The real problem will be if the HL7 paths change due to the difference in the variant and that is VERY LIKELY.  In those cases writing a script that would accomplish this automatically would be very challenging (not impossible I suppose but extremely intensive).  First you would have to keep a copy of both of the variants, find the instances where they are different, and then replace the paths that differ with the path in the new variant.  Even this sounds great in theory but then you have to consider the iterates and automagically modifying the iterate variables…etc, etc….

It’s not that challenging at all actually. Be glad to help if needed.

-- Max Drown (Infor)

Scott Folley
      Participant

Excellent, I would like to see that as well…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags