combing messages recieved at a differnt time???

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf combing messages recieved at a differnt time???

• Creator
    Topic
    Joseph Paquette
    Participant

I have a request to take two HL7 result messages and combine them into a single message.  Sometimes we only get one so I need to pass that one as it stands and in the case where I get the two I have to combine OBX’s.  My original though was to write to a file,  then have a thread pick up the files look for same patient and then combine and send on their way.  Just looking to see if anyone else has done this and has any ideas on how to do this.  Thanks in advance..

Joe Paquette

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Elisha Gould
      Participant

We have just stored the as a file with the needed identifying information as the file name (ie patient id, visit number, and message id).

As the files are stored we keep a list of all the files and do the checks against that information rather than listing the files every time.

The startup case also grabs the list of files in the event of a restart.

When the data is to be processed, we grab the file merge the information and delete the saved file.

Just be a little careful with how many messages you plan on temporarily storing and how to pass on the message if it does not need to be combined. If there is going to be more than 1000 or so files, then it may be better to use a database instead. (The built in cloverleaf sqlite database api can have queries made using the “clsqlitedbcmd eval ” command. This is only really usable up to 30000 entries, as the database seems to slow down considerably the bigger it is.)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags