Cloverleaf logging/processing incomplete messages

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Cloverleaf logging/processing incomplete messages

• Creator
    Topic
    Vince Angulo
    Participant

Asking to see if anyone has seen this and if a root cause was determined…I’m also opening a ticket with support and checking the knowledge base, but sometimes this community is much faster…

It’s only happened twice since we’ve been on Cloverleaf, almost 20 years…it “looks” like Cloverleaf received the message and only the MSH and EVN segments are recorded in SMAT.  Sending system logs show a complete message being sent.

From the protocol standpoint (tcp/ip), that doesn’t make sense, wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Keith McLeod
      Participant

Looks like you have an embedded <NL> or Hex 0A character in the message.  Look at the raw message or turn up the noise to see what you are receiving with the eoalias and watch the inbound data come across.  This way you should see what you are actually receiving.  You can view this in the log file.  The other system may have only sent as far as the NL as a possibility.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

My first suspicion would be there is something wrong with the source message after the EVN. Perhaps erroneous MLP terminator?

Can the message be resent from the source system to your test environment or better yet hcitcptest so you can look at the hex of the message as the protocol sees it?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Boris Perov
      Participant

I’m with Keith, looks like an embedded new line character.  I’d get on a call with someone on the sending side, kick the interface into enable_all, and have them resend.  Then check the log file for the hex dump.

Vince Angulo
      Participant

Thanks for the input.

Didn’t happen on the resend from source system, and of course, can’t keep eo turned up all the time for an issue that is soooooo infrequent.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

You are right that given how infrequently this occurs it may not be worth the effort to try to troubleshoot or correct.

But given the new information, I would now be suspicious they have improper Tcp/IP error handling or something bad in their Tcp/IP module.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags