Cloverleaf Help Menu

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Help Menu

• Creator
    Topic
    Peter Heggie
    Participant

We are on v19.1.2.1

When I click on the Help menu item, and then click on Contents, I get a popup that says “you will need a new app to open this Microsoft-Edge link”. I unzipped / copied all files and folders from the Help Zip file downloaded from Infor, into the ~integrator/docs folder. I bounced the host server.

I can access the help using the URL specified in the release notes – I’m glad we can get to the help. But how can I just link to the help automatically from the Help menu item?

Peter Heggie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jay Hammond
      Participant

I did the same a couple of weeks ago for an environment that hadn’t had help installed. I unzipped the folder and it still didn’t work. I then realized there was a second zip file included in the first zip file that I also had to unzip. After I unzipped that second zip file, the help documentation then launched from the Help menu item for us.

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Thank you – I think I unzipped everything, I just looked and there are no zip files in the docs folder. Are you on Windows or UNIX? I’m on AIX. Its almost as if the client never looks at the contents of the docs folder – /hci/cis19.1/integrator/docs. There is an index.html file, so that should come up right away – it is as if the Help / Contents selection does not start a browser at all.

Peter Heggie

Jay Hammond
      Participant

We’re on AIX (7100-05-04-1914) and Cloverleaf 20.1. The only other thing I see in the install documentation is to make sure you have the following in your client.ini file:

You must also manually set the document base directory. This is in the $HCIROOT\client\client.ini file.
      For example:
      Select an Infor Cloverleaf Integration Services Server
      [general]
      doc_base_dir=C:\cloverleaf\cis20.1\integrator

Peter Heggie
      Participant

thank you – yes I do have that entry, but that seems to imply that everyone’s help has to be manually installed/unzipped into their own workstation, under the c:\cloverleaf folder. When I do that I can use that alternate technique of defining an External Tool, and the path to that tool is the location of a browser and an argument that points to the index.html.

I think maybe our issue has something to do with whatever is first invoked by the IDE software Help / Contents selection. I get that popup about Microsoft Edge, but we don’t have Edge installed on our workstations, although we do subscribe to a cloud based office 365.

Peter Heggie

Peter Heggie
      Participant

OK – sorry for the confusion and thank you for your help. For some reason, the IDE (or my workstation) wanted Microsoft Edge to resolve the served help address:

<IP address>:15040/cldocs/cloverleaf.htm

We installed Edge on the workstation and it now works (although I prefer Chrome or Firefox).

I still don’t understand the order of events and why Edge was needed. Perhaps my workstation has some configuration setting that requires this kind of URL to be resolved by Edge, even though my workstation has the default web browser set to Chrome.

Peter Heggie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags