Cloverleaf GUI Running Slow

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cloverleaf GUI Running Slow

• Creator
    Topic
    Rodney Howell
    Participant

We are on Cloverleaf 5.8 w/patch running on AIX. I recently noticed that my cloverleaf GUI is running very slow. There are several of us but I am the only one having the slow issue. If I open Netconfig it takes exactly 1:15 min/sec every time and no matter the size in both our test and prod environment. If I run an Xlate test it shows the Command Issued in the results window but no Command output. I have tried:

1. Reinstalling Cloverleaf and patch with same results.

2. Adjusted memory allocation with -Xmx1024m under Client Options JVM with same results.

3. Evaluated my PC performance and did not notice any processes eating up memory or CPU.

Where can I look in my attempt to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Sr. Integration Analyst
    Houston Methodist

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Keith McLeod
      Participant

Have you confirmed the patch level of your client with that of the server?

If you click in the lower right corner for the support page Client Tab and Server Tab, you will want to check the

Server

Host Server Build Information:

Version: 6.1.2.0P

Client

GUI Build Information:

Version: 6.1.2.0P

They should match. Sounds like you have patched, but you may want to confirm. Other steps you took sound appropriate…

Hope this helps….

Rodney Howell
      Participant

Keith…

I checked the client and server build information and I did find that they were our of sync. I reinstalled the patch and now they are at the same level 5.8.4.OP. The GUI is still slow. If you think of anything else, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sr. Integration Analyst
      Houston Methodist

Jim Rawls
      Participant

Rodney,

It sounds like a Windows firewall issue I had when I went to Windows 10.  You might need to allow hciaccess to communicate through Windows firewall.

Hope this helps.

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Another thought… Did you install as administrator? Including the patch when you run it at the command prompt?

Rodney Howell
      Participant

I did install Cloverleaf and the patch as administrator. The Cloverleaf server and I both are inside the firewall so that should not effect performance.

Sr. Integration Analyst
      Houston Methodist

Rodney Howell
      Participant

Keith and Jim,

Thanks for your response to the slowness issue I was facing.

I did find that my server vs client version was at a different level which Keith indicated and suggested reinstalling the patch but after reinstalling the patch and bringing both to the same level, I was still experiencing the slow to open a NetConfig (1:15 min/sec). I installed Cloverleaf on a different laptop and did not experience the slowness so I uninstalled, rebooted and then reinstalled Cloverleaf on my laptop and now it appears that things are back to normal.

Thanks for the support.

Sr. Integration Analyst
      Houston Methodist

Rodney Howell
      Participant

Keith and Jim,

Thanks for your response to the slowness issue I was facing.

I did find that my server vs client version was at a different level which Keith indicated and suggested reinstalling the patch but after reinstalling the patch and bringing both to the same level, I was still experiencing the slow to open a NetConfig (1:15 min/sec). I installed Cloverleaf on a different laptop and did not experience the slowness so I uninstalled, rebooted and then reinstalled Cloverleaf on my laptop and now it appears that things are back to normal.

Thanks for the support.

Sr. Integration Analyst
      Houston Methodist

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags