Cloverleaf and Remote Desktop (Citrix)

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cloverleaf and Remote Desktop (Citrix)

• Creator
    Topic
    Jon Melin
    Participant

Hello,

I was curious if anyone else had terrible performance with the Cloverleaf GUI through remote desktop? It works great on my workstation at my desk but when I use remote desktop (through Citrix) from home sometimes it runs relatively well (still sluggish), and sometimes it is almost not useable, taking multiple seconds to sometimes over a minute to register a clicks. It seems to only be Cloverleaf, as Outlook and such through the remote desktop session seems to be work fine.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thank you,

Jon

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Lindsey
      Participant

We do not use Citrix for the people who have the IDE.  We just load it directly on their laptops.  

I do notice of course that through a VPN the IDE is a bit slower loading the monitor and Network configurator depending on how many connections you have in your NetConfig.  There is a lot of data being pushed and pulled between the IDE and the hostserver.

Rob

aaron kaufman-moore
      Participant

There are multiple people on my team that access the IDE remotely through our system’s remote access page -> Launch RDP program from Citrix -> Remote to Desktop and launch local copy of Cloverleaf.  We recently moved to what the Citrix team referred to “Citrix Storefront” and that has improved performance of using that method, but my experience remains that any type of unresponsiveness is related to my ISP.

Check the settings of your RDP published application in Citrix, I believe ours defaults to lower color settings and other performance options turned off by default to account for the slow internet access that most people have from home.

We were able to successfully work to have the full IDE installed as a Citrix published application and it performs well to access it that way.  The Citrix server will map our personal network drive where the cert files for the IDE get stored when accessing it as a published app.

James Cobane
      Participant

We have the Cloverleaf client installed on our Citrix desktop that is used in conjunction with our Epic environment.  The performance is as good as using our local workstation (as long as the internet connection is good).  Makes it nice because I can actually run on a Chromebook and use Cloverleaf, puTTY, everything I need – even from my phone (but requires a lot of scrolling about 🙂 )

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

bill whatley
      Participant

We have both VPN (Cisco anyconnect) and Citrix at the moment.  The Citrix access method is a published RDP client, and VPN is firewall restricted, allowing including RDP to work, but not the IDE from a laptop over VPN.

Comparing the perf, seems like RDP over VPN is more responsive than RDP via Citrix.  But, while I can’t really account for ISP variance (Cox cable in the great plains), I do know our Citrix environment is pretty busy at times.

Either way, it beats driving to the office in the middle of the night.

Jon Melin
      Participant

Couldn’t agree more it beats driving to the office.

Thanks everyone, just wanted to see if I was the only one having issues. My company is slowing removing VPN access, so the only option I have is Citrix RDP to my primary workstation. I’ll explore the possibility of having the application published directly and see if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags