Cloverleaf 6.2.2 host server multiple connections

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 6.2.2 host server multiple connections

• Creator
    Topic
    Peter Heggie
    Participant

Our host server crashed over night, and it seems to have 170+ connections to just six IP addresses.

I’m not up on interpreting javacore files but this seems to be important:

Quote:

2LKMONINUSE      sys_mon_t:0x37F6A19C infl_mon_t: 0x37F6A1C0:

3LKMONOBJECT       com/hie/cloverleaf/remoteserver/RemoteMonitorDClientProxy@0xE33BDA50:

3LKNOTIFYQ            Waiting to be notified:

3LKWAITNOTIFY            “RMI TCP Connection(2120)-10.51.2.9” (J9VMThread:0x38279900)

When I grep on 3LKWAITNOTIFY, I get 172 distinct entries – only six IP addresses, but each entry has a different port number, which is basically 20+ port numbers/connections for each of the six IP addresses.

I’m guessing it crashed on memory, but I’m not sure how to find that in the core dump.

But getting back to the main issue, I just restarted the host server and it came up fine and we could log in through the GUI. The host server had been up continuously since we upgraded to 6.2.2 about three weeks ago. In the meantime we can recycle it once a week.

Those six IP addresses are the four people on our interface team, plus a training PC (probably accessed by one of us) and the last one is Global Monitor. The number of connections is almost evenly distributed across those six IP addresses.

I found an old thread about the host server and I noticed it mentioned a config entry in the server.ini that mentioned the default host server port number. I do remember seeing that entry in previous versions of Cloverleaf (on AIX) but I don’t see it in 6.2.2 – should it be there?

Or is there something else we need to check? Maybe in our client software? Although a good many of these connections came from Global Monitor.

Peter Heggie

• The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags