Cloverleaf 6.1.1 – Smatfiles DB

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 6.1.1 – Smatfiles DB

• Creator
    Topic
    Femina Jaffer
    Participant

Friends,

Have any of you had issues with the thread indicating that messages have crossed but when you open up the smat database for the thread you see no messages?

This is annoying and has happened a couple of times in the past.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      John Mercogliano
      Participant

I also received complaints like this but we don’t appear to have any issues since upgrading to 6.1.2.  The release notes show that there have been substantial changes which we have notices in querying in the smat tool.

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Michael Hertel
      Participant

Anytime this has happened to me I usually find that if I look harder, I usually find the messages. Most of the time the smatdb has cycled and is in the SmatHistory directory.

Do you have history turned on and are retaining enough?

It could be that it cycles and gets cycled out.

Femina Jaffer
      Participant

Yes we do have the smathistory turned on.  

Apparently, we are working with INFOR and there is a bug as it appears.  The SMAT history can only retain a certain number of files and then it stops writing.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

Are you saying it stops writing the current messages when it hits this limit?

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

James Cobane
      Participant

And what is the threshold?

Thanks,

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Femina Jaffer
      Participant

So they don’t exactly know.  We had a 122 files in the smathistory because we cycle often due to the volume we have.  Per Infor support, anywhere after 60+ files.  Anyway, R & D waiting to see if we can reproduce in test, which is going to be difficult.  Support also indicated that there were several 6.1 customers and hadn’t had much issues with this.

James Cobane
      Participant

So, it is the number of files for a given thread, and not the number of overall files, correct?

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Femina Jaffer
      Participant

Yes, it appears to be my thread and not overall.

Mary Kobis
      Participant

Are you using a NOT in your selection criteria? If so, the messages will NOT be sent.

Craig Weldy
      Participant

The only issue I know about like this with smat files was that if the disk partition (AIX) your cloverleaf root directory is in (/hci) reaches 90% full, cloverleaf will automatically stop writing to smat databases (probably to prevent filling up the disk and having cloverleaf crash).

To help prevent this, I have a softlink that I place in each SmatHistory folder named HISTORY which points to a seperate partition called “/smathist” that has a directory for each process.  Then every week I move any smat databases in SmatHistory that are older than one month into the HISTORY folder.  This helps keep my SmatHistory folders clear, and I can keep as many smat databases as disk space allows without causing any issues with Cloverleaf.

Also, with the HISTORY link being in the SmatHistory folders, you can get to them directly using the smatdb tool or with global monitor.

NOTE:  if you are encrypting your smatdb’s, then make sure your cron job is running as the same user that your cloverleaf application runs, or you will corrupt your smatdb’s by trying to move them (learned the hard way).

SITE:

prod_ADT

Process:

ADT1

Thread1.smatdb

Thread2.smatdb

SmatHistory

Thread1.20160505.smatdb

Thread2.20160505.smatdb

HISTORY  (softlink to /smathist/ADT1)

ADT2

Thread3.smatdb

SmatHistory

Thread3.20160505.smatdb

HISTORY  (softlink to /smathist/ADT2)

/smathist

ADT1

Thread1.20160405.smatdb

Thread1.20160305.smatdb

Thread1.20160205.smatdb

Thread2.20160405.smatdb

Thread2.20160305.smatdb

Thread2.20160205.smatdb

ADT2

Thread3.20160405.smatdb

Thread3.20160305.smatdb

Thread3.20160205.smatdb

Craig Weldy
      Senior Interface Analyst
      Beacon Health System
      South Bend, In, 46615

Lina Patel
      Participant

Hello,

We have migrated to CL 6.1.1 and noticed when creating new threads or processes that the SMAT files are not written to disk on the back end.

The current and .old SMAT are available when searching but history is not stored.

Are there setting that different from previous versions for this?

Thank you for your help with this!

Keith McLeod
      Participant

Have you enabled SMAT History under Options–>Site Preferences–>SMAT?

This will establish the SmatHistory Folder and add a timestamp to your cycled files.  You will need to determine what you would like in the way of saving files.  SMATDB vs old style idx/msg files.  method of retention daily size script….

Lina Patel
      Participant

Thank you for your response.

For our current interfaces, I would like to save inbound or outbound messages to file in thread properties and use idx/msg.

We will setup time to convert to new SMATDB.

Is there a size limit to setup the old way of saving to file?

Keith McLeod
      Participant

I think you can under the Smathistory Configuration.  If you are continuing to use idx/msg make sure to uncheck the top Save into Database check box.  I believe that when you run a cycle from the gui and your smat history is set, it will now start to populate a directory called SmatHistory, where the files are timestamped.

If you were using the hcicyclesavemsgs old command, it may not work the same for you.  Whenever you cycle with the new configuration the moving and time stamp are automatically performed for you.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags