Cloverleaf 6.0

• Creator
    Topic
    Virginia Everett
    Participant

Has anyone upgraded or is in the process of upgrading to Cloverleaf 6.0?  How has that process been?  How is the product?

Thanks, Virginia Everett

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

We have our Test and Development upgraded, and so far I really like what I see.  I believe the additions of the Database Protocols and the Generic Java Driver Protocol will be great features once we hammer down the best ways to use them.  So far we have not found anything that causing any issues.  We are on Redhat Linux 6.x platform.

The only thing to be aware of is when configuring the external database schemas, is that the MS SQL numeric identiy specification is not handled correctly, but there is a work-a-round if needed.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Jerry,

What release of Cloverleaf will you be migrating from?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jerry Tilsley
      Participant

Migrating from 5.8.5.  This is the first where I am going to run dual roots in production to do the migration.  In the past, I made the upgrades to new servers (all VM’s) during EMR upgrades.  This time I taking slow and going to migrate a single site at a time over a week or two.  Looking at taking all to production by March 1st.

Mike Campbell
      Participant

We are thinking of upgrading from 5.7 – patch 2 to 6.0.

Running on AIX, so we have update the OS Level before the CL update.

Anyone updated to 6 from 5.7?

James Cobane
      Participant

We are upgrading to new hardware and going from 5.8.4 to 5.8.5.  Unfortunately, we were 80% through our testing cycle with 5.8.5 when 6.0 became GA.  I would have loved to jump straight to 6.0, but because of how far down the testing path we were with 5.8.5 we had to stay the course.

Good Luck.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags