Cloverleaf 5.8 Questions

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 5.8 Questions

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Lancaster
    Participant

We are getting ready to kickoff our migration from 5.3 to 5.8.  Can anyone answer whether 5.8 alphabetizes the process names for the Net Monitor?  If so does it alphabetize like UNIX where all Upper case letters/names will be placed before lower case letters/names?  Example: LabOrders-ib will be listed before adt-ib or will the alphabetizing be non-case sensitive?

Also can the font be changed to Courier New so that all Upper Case and Lower Case characters are the exact same width?  Right now we have a combination of some process names being all uppers, some uppers and lowers and all lowers.  As you can see the Uppers take way more space on the process name then what the lowers do.

Thanks,

Chris

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      David Barr
      Participant

I’m not sure about 5.8, but I know that 5.7 uses a proportional font, and I don’t see any way to configure it.

Why is this important? Are you hoping not to have to rearrange the icons on your NetMonitor after the upgrade?

Alan Fleming
      Participant

We have 5.8 up in test. The process names are indeed ordered in the Net Monitor. The thread names are now not imbedded in Inons making for a major mess on the screen.

James Cobane
      Participant

All,

As for the thread names not being embedded in the icons, that is simply a configuration setting on the client GUI.  Simply go to ‘Options’ > ‘Client’, then select the ‘NetConfig/NetMonitor’ tab and check the ‘Enclose threadname in thread graphics’ option.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Chris Lancaster
      Participant

Hi David:

The reason why we are curious about the process names being alphabetized is that we have about 40 processes and it’s always a pain to scroll through them to find the one you need to bounce.  If they were alphabetized then it would be much easier to find the one you are looking for.  As for the change in font our process names are very discriptive in where the sending/receiving system and typically the type of HL7 message is included in the process name which makes the names very long in some cases.

Thanks Guys for all of your responses!  I’ll keep checking back for other suggestions.

Alan Fleming
      Participant

Thanks James. That was a no-brainer

David Barr
      Participant

In the 5.7 NetMonitor, our processes are listed in alphabetical order. I’m not sure how mixed case process names are handled. All of our process names are lower case.

40 processes in one site seems like a lot. How many threads do you have? I’d probably either put more threads in each process (if you’re averaging less than 8 or 9 threads per process) or split the processes into multiple sites.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags