Cloverleaf 5.8

• Creator
    Topic
    James Cobane
    Participant

All,

Is there anyone currently running Cloverleaf 5.8 in PRODUCTION?  We are currently running 5.8 in our TEST environment, with a production cut-over tentatively scheduled for 10/17.  I just wanted to find out if anyone is running in PROD and what their experience has been.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Michael Lacriola
      Participant

We are running 5.8 in Test and plan cut-over in about 1-2 weeks. We haven’t seen any real issues out of the ordinary. I did run into some issues with having to set threads to binary instead of the default of ascii. Also, There was an issue with the xlate test tool not being able to save the output to a file if it was a certain type of translation. I can’t remember what it was, but, it wasn’t something like HL7->HL7. I worked around it.

We do not have rev 1 loaded yet. Looking to do that soon. This will be the last big upgrade for us for about a year as we are embarking on a new enterprise HIS system which will require a whole bunch of interface re-writes and new ones too.

Connie Kraska
      Participant

We are here in Tucson. We were on 3.8 and went to 5.8, RL2.  We have more java issues now.  We get heap dumps and have to cycle the java client often. We don’t know why.  I can’t find in the documentation were to tune the java memory usage.  We also found we had to modify a few variants, making some segments optional, which we did not have to do with 3.8.

All told we found the upgrade process to be simple and it went smoothly.  We did have an issue making sure the server and client .jar files matched but supported helped there.  Make sure you apply the rev.

James Cobane
      Participant

Connie,

You indicate that you went to 5.8 RL2.  To my knowledge, the only Rev patch available is Rev 1, that just came out.  Can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Connie Kraska
      Participant

Jim,

Lucy and I did not look up the exact release but sent the email based on memory.  If there is only one release then that is what we did.

Steve MacDonald
      Participant

We are migrating from 5.5r1 to 5.8.  No major issues (knock on wood).

We did change all of our Reply Handling from the Recover_38.tcl procs to the default ‘Resend OB message’ within Timeout Handling.  We did find out that the Trx id on the Inbound replies does have to be set to HL7.  It didn’t seem to matter on 5.5.

We also had some Xlates to an FRL where we were using a temp variable as part of the OB name.  5.8 process would error on messages through this Xlate.  We had to Iterate using %f1 and use that instead.

On Global Monitor – The thread notes aren’t displaying yet.  That has a fix coming out in Rev 1 I am told…

I’ll be watching for other issues in 5.8.  We are migrating one engine at a time starting in November.

Thanks!

Steve MacDonald

Senior Technical Analyst

Trinity Health

James Cobane
      Participant

In Cloverleaf 5.8, when attempting to perform a ‘routetest’ (via the testing tool) on a thread that receives inbound data from a mainframe (EBCDIC), I get the error message below.

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

Jim:

Try 8859-1 instead of binary.  Goutham and I got that to work in test

James Cobane
      Participant

Charlie,

I’ll try this from the command line.  However, if that works, how do we make that option (8859-1) available in the drop-down of the Testing Tool?

Thanks,

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Charlie Bursell
      Participant

We will add an enhancement request

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags