Cloverleaf 2022.09 SFTP from Red Hat Linux to put file

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 2022.09 SFTP from Red Hat Linux to put file

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Erik Mueller
    Participant

Hello,

We have an issue with a bug/defect in Cloverleaf 19.1.3.3 where SFTP does not work.

I am wondering if anybody has SFTP working on the latest version of Cloverleaf i.e. 2022, specifically on a RHEL server, not on a Windows Server.

On the windows server running CL 6.1, we call WinSCP to do the SFTP….

Thanks,

Erik

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Peter Heggie
      Participant

What is the behavior of the bug?

Sorry just curious, we don’t use SFTP using the purchased add-on, we use the SFTP that comes with SSH on AIX. Every new connection seems to bring new challenges so we like to see other’s implementations and learn from them.

Peter Heggie

Erik Mueller
      Participant

Hi,

The error we get is:

Error while trying to write /Outbox/2023-02-15Benifit.csv.
      Detailed error:Upload failed: No such file or directory (2/-31)
      Curl errCode:78 Curl error: Remote file not found

Basically, it is a follow-up of this: https://clovertech.infor.com/forums/topic/sftp-upload-options/

We do not want to pay for a full license to upgrade to the latest version if we do not know 100% that it will work, but Infor can only test on Windows servers and since we have a Linux server, we would like to know if this is working before spending $$$$$ on something that may not work.

Thanks,

Erik

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Erik Mueller. Reason: formatting
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Erik Mueller.
      Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

We use a comm toolkit from Chilkat.

It has a Tcl extension that has a ton of functions.

So far, we’re using it for SFTP and HTTPS.

I have chilkat integrated into Tcl SFTP and HTTPS utilities I can share if anyone’s interested.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Peter Heggie
      Participant

I am interested! is there a web page for basic info about Chilkat? and its SFTP capabilities?

And then I’m wondering where and why you use it.

Peter Heggie

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Thank you.

At first glance it does not appear to be approved for AIX.

Peter Heggie

Jeff Dinsmore
      Participant

Ahhhh… I was thinking you were RHEL, but that was Erik.  My apologies.

Jeff Dinsmore
      Chesapeake Regional Healthcare

Peter Heggie
      Participant

no worries!

Peter Heggie

Robert Kersemakers
      Participant

Cloverleaf 19.1.2 on RHEL 8.
      At first we didn’t have the Secure Messenger option, so I wrote an sftp-script myself, with Expect. But after having acquired the Secure Messenger license, I used the native sftp option with no problems at all. Much better than my own script.
      So I’m not sure why you are having problems with sftp. Do you have the right license? Is a firewall blocking you connection?

Having said that, I do have a problem when using native sftp with a keypair. Keypair works fine with sftp on RHEL prompt. I can also connect with the keypair when using curl on prompt, however I must precede the curl command with ‘hcirun.sh’ though to temporarily reset some libraries to the OS default.
      But if I use the keypair in native sftp inside Cloverleaf in CL19.1.2 it doesn’t work. At all.; looks like the same error I get when I try curl without ‘hcirun.sh’ so looks like a library/version problem. So had to write a (curl) script for that.
      We hope to upgrade to 2022.09 this summer; not sure if it will work then.

Zuyderland Medisch Centrum; Heerlen/Sittard; The Netherlands

John Mercogliano
      Participant

Posted to the wrong article originally.

Since infor switched to using curl as it’s engine, you cannot use the dot operator to indicate the home directory.
      When you log into winscp and drill down to the drop off directory, whatever directory you see in the current path bar is what you need to use in the directory entry in cloverleaf.  Otherwise you will get the “Detailed error:Upload failed: No such file or directory ” error.

The value you need to use will depend on the configuration of the server you are logging into.  Here is a more detailed explanation https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/293756/set-startup-folder-for-sftp-to-be-other-than-home-username-is-throwing-me-permi

But I always use winscp to check that actual working directory value.

Hope this helps.

John Mercogliano
      Sentara Healthcare
      Hampton Roads, VA

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags