Cloverleaf 19.1 Issues….

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Cloverleaf 19.1 Issues….

• Creator
    Topic
    Tom Rioux
    Participant

We have two little annoying issues that we would like to rectify.   Any ideas would be helpful.

The first issue deal with the Portable IDE that we use to access the GUI.   It appears there is a timeout set somewhere that will automatically shut down the GUI after a period of inactivity.   This is very frustrating since we work constantly with multiple GUI’s open at the same time.   I’ve tried changing the “auto_logoff” in the server.ini file to no avail.  The client.ini doesn’t have a auto_logoff or timeout listed.   Thoughts?

The second issue is the SMAT files in the process directories in each site.    The smat file is in the process directory along with a symbolic link that is linked right back to the smat file in the same process directory.     I asked our Linux admin about it and he stated that if we remove the symbolic link then the processes won’t start.   It’s annoying because when we pull up the list of smat files in the gui they are in there twice in the list.   It makes for a very busy list.   Thoughts?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Brenda Carpenter
      Participant

We also have Cloverleaf 19.1  and also noticed the duplicate smat files in the process directory – it can be annoying, but I just ignore the first one with the symbolic link when doing my searches.

I also found that when running the test tool for the XLT,  and have added a Pre Xlate TPS and selected ‘process all records’ –  the testing is ending after it finds the first KILL message in the tclproc. If the messages, CONTINUE, then the processing continues along to the next message, but stops as soon as it hits a KILL message.  I don’t recall this happening in any of the other versions but my supervisor thought he heard something about this issue somewhere.

MSG that is output to result screen:  Xlate Tps proc ADT_Filter did not return a message to debug.

Thankfully, this does not happen when testing multiple messages in the TPS test tool, which will process both KILL and CONTINUE messages back to back. So, this is not a big issue since there is a are work around, I was just trying to test a handful of random ADT messages for a new ancillary system to ensure all the kill and continue logic and formatting logic worked as expected.  Just thought I would mention it here.

PS I looked around on Infor Xtreme for notes on this and see if anyone else had the issue, but frankly I’m kinda lost out there.

Peter Heggie
      Participant

I found this entry in the documentation for version 19.1.1.0 called Resolved Issues, on page 44; I think what they are saying is that – 1) yes this happens, 2) you can still use the product functionality, 3) we are not changing this, and 4) we are calling it an enhancement.

SMATDB symbolic link is incorrectly created within a symbolic site (20870)
      Some users have found that SMAT Database files are created as links.
      For example, after installing CIS 19.1, a site is created using hcisiteinit -c clovertest -p/test/cis19.1/newsite.
      The smatdb symbolic link should not be created within a symbolic link site unless an outside path is configured of the actual symbolic site path.
      This is no longer an issue. Since it works in this manner, this behavior is kept as an enhancement.

Peter Heggie

Tom Rioux
      Participant

Thanks for the info Peter.   It sounds like Infor is going to continue to let its customers be annoyed by an “enhancement” that many don’t want.

I’m being told that if we remove the symbolic link then the processes won’t start.  Can someone at Infor confirm this behavior? 

We too are ignoring them but the fact of the matter is we shouldn’t have to.  Infor needs to come up with a solution.

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Guys, I think you are mis-interpreting the 19.1.1 release notes.  The duplicate SMAT DBs should no longer show up in 19.1.1.

Please install 19.1.1 and if you’re still seeing this, open a support case because we considered it a defect and resolved it.

We do need to use symbolic links if the SMAT DBs are stored outside of the root.  This was part of the “SMAT anywhere” enhancement in 19.1.0.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Thank you Rob – when you say stored outside of the root, does that mean the physical root for the site or the root for the installation?

We have the software under one file system, and all our sites on another file system, and use symbolic links to the sites under that 2nd file system. If we install 19.1.1, will the extra SMAT symbolic links go away?

Peter Heggie

Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

When I say root I mean the Cloverleaf root.  The directory structure where Cloverleaf is installed.

• If you have SMAT DBs outside of the Cloverleaf root, then 19.1.1 will create symbolic links from the local site to the “outside the root” filesystem(s)
      • If you have SMAT DBs inside the Cloverleaf root, then symbolic links will not be created.  This was a bug in 19.1.0 that we resolved in 19.1.1.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Peter Heggie
      Participant

Thank you . Why are the extra links needed?

Peter Heggie

Tom Rioux
      Participant

I’m not sure why you need the extra links if they are outside of the Cloverleaf root.   They are still visible in the smatDB GUI if they are located outside of the Cloverleaf root.   I think the links inside the process directory are redundant

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags