CL 5.8.5 – Master Site issue.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf CL 5.8.5 – Master Site issue.

• Creator
    Topic
    Craig Weldy
    Participant

I am currently upgrading from 5.6 to 5.8.5.  I am wanting to take advantage of some of the new features I have never used before and have run into something strange with the master site designation.

I have a master site “hcistage_master” where all of my xlates/varients and scripts are located.  I have 5 additional sites that all use hcistage_master as their master site and contain no local scripts, varients or Xlates.  This is setup in the Root preferences tab under master site.

Of these 5 sites, 4 of them are working as expected.  One of the 5 however “hcistage_star” has one issue.  In the NetConfig, I can create routes using xlates that are in the master site, I can use tcl scripts that are in the master site, and everything is setup properly, but when I try to run messages through the site, everything fails and when I run the messages through the testing tool  in hcistage_star, It tells me that all of my xlates from the master site are not available and that none of the scripts that are in the master site are available.

But I can still go into the NetConfig and add additional routes where I can see all the same xlates and scripts that are in the Master site that the testing tool says don’t exist.

I am Stumped.

I even removed the site and totally rebuild it, and I am getting the same behavior.

Any Ideas?   😯

Craig Weldy
    Senior Interface Analyst
    Beacon Health System
    South Bend, In, 46615

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Carter Harrison
      Participant

I don’t have the answer for you but I am experiencing similar issues under Cloverleaf 5.8.4.  I have an Xlate that uses a variant from the master site.  I can configure the Xlate and choose the variant from the master site with no problems but when messages get run through the engine or if I use the testing tool to test the Xlate I can clearly see that the new variant isn’t being used.

For instance one field’s length in the variant has been expanded past to 3 but when messages run through the value gets truncated back to the default length of 1.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Did you reconfigure the Xlate to use the new copy of the updated variant?

Did you refresh the caches (either purge cahces or stop/start theprocess) to load the updated variants, etc. into memory (for the monitor)?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Carter Harrison
      Participant

I bounced all processes/daemons to no avail.  Technically that shouldn’t be the problem since the testing tool also is not using the variant correctly and it is not tied to any engine processes/caches at all.

The site having the issue does not have the variant in question defined within it.  The variant is only present in the master site.

As a test, I created a brand new site and copied the XLT’s from the site experiencing the issue and the new site did not exhibit the same issue.  So there is something within this one particular site that is preventing the master site variant from working properly.

Carter Harrison
      Participant

I was able to fix the issue.  I did two things and unfortunately I’m not sure which was the fix but it appears to be working now:

1. Went into $HCIROOT/server/server.ini and edited the “environs” line such that it did not contain any sites that no longer existed.  There was actually a large number of these.

2. Restarted the host server.

The testing tool and the engine are now using the variant from the master site properly.  I’m not sure why either of these things would have worked since the host server has nothing to do with engine processes.

Carter Harrison
      Participant

Bumped into this problem again.  Luckily found my posts from this thread back in 2013.  Bouncing the host server got the testing tool working again.  Don’t mess with your server.ini file.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags