CL 5.6 running local client on Windows 7

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf CL 5.6 running local client on Windows 7

• Creator
    Topic
    Gary Atkinson
    Participant

Is there a specific install disk for windows 7?  I installed the client on the 5.6 disk we have and I can not get the gui to run.  I receive a bunch of java errors and weird painting issues.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Russ Ross
      Participant

There is not a cloverleaf 5.6 client for Win 7.

Here is a clovertech post that will give you the information to trick it to running on Win 7 but you will not have support.

<a href="http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?p=26647#26647&#8243; class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?p=26647#26647

We used the steps in the post above to trick Cloverleaf 5.6 IDE to running on Win 7, since we had no choice probably just like you.

We are in the process of upgrading to Cloverleaf 6.0 but still have most of our production running on Cloverleaf 5.6 and were forced to refresh our PCs with Win 7.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

What do you mean “you will not have support”?

Also, that link does not work.

Russ Ross
      Participant

It is my understanding, INFOR does not support running Cloverleaf 5.6 IDE on Win 7.

What that means to me; if there are problems with the Cloverleaf 5.6 IDE running on Win 7,

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

Russ that URL does not work.  What tips and tricks did you have to do?

Russ Ross
      Participant

Sorry you can’t get the link to work because it works for me when I click on it within this post.

Here are the steps I extracted that are significant from the link you are having trouble with.

Code:

1. copied the 5.6 client CD to the local hard drive
      2. right clicked setup.exe and changed the compatibility mode to Vista SP2 and the privilege mode to run as an administrator.
      3. right clicked setup.exe and ran as administrator, installation ran normally with no errors
      4. manually copied the Rev 2 files to the local locations
      5. set properties on IDE to compatibility mode Vista SP2.

6. In the 5.6 GUI…Options->Client Options->Advanced tab…enter -Duser.timezone=

Example I’m in Central Standard Time:

-Duser.timezone=CST

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Russ Ross
      Participant

Here is another hint about URLs in clovertech.

Each time the company changes names the old posts can be problematic to reach.

So try changing the old company name to the new company and see that works for you.

In this case the healtvision part changes to infor.

This is why URLs don’t work but knowing this can allow you to get them to work because the authros most likely aren’t going to correct all there old posts.

Here is the modified URL using infor as the company you can try and see if that trick works for you as both URLs worked for me but somethimes the olders URLs I have to modify manaully myself to reach them.

<a href="http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?p=26647#26647&#8243; class=”bbcode_url”>http://clovertech.infor.com/viewtopic.php?p=26647#26647

I posted the healthvison URL because that is what was returend to me when using the search feature in clovertech.

I’m a bit surprised it works for me and not everyone else, I would think it would be all or none.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Jim Beall
      Participant

FWIW I’ve been able to install the 5.6 IDE on Win 7 by installing it in Microsoft’s 32-bit virtual machine (the exact name escapes me and I can’t get to that machine at the moment).  The VM is a free download from MS.  I haven’t really run it much under the VM but what little I’ve done with it seems to work.

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

I have re installed using the procedures above and I still can not get the IDE to run.  At this point I am at a lose as to how to get the IDE to run under windows 7.

Russ Ross
      Participant

Our Win 7 OS is the 32 bit version that Cloverleaf 5.6rev2 IDE is working on, so thought I would add that piece of information, but I’m not sure just how relevant that is.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

Mine is 64 bit.

Russ Ross
      Participant

We have installed Cloverleaf 5.6rev2 IDE on about eitght Win 7 (32-bit) PCs.

I haven’t had a case yet where it did not work on a Win7 (32 bit) PC, using the steps noted above.

Have you had a failed install on more the one PC?

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Russ Ross
      Participant

I don’t have a Win7 64-bit PC to see if it fails on that OS but something for me to watch out for.

I hope we get to Cloverleaf 6.0 before I have to find out.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

Yes, someone else has upgraded and their local install does not work as well.  Luckily we have a citrix install that works, as I think that is server 2003.

Russ Ross
      Participant

Do you have a 64-bit XP version of the Cloverleaf 5.6 IDE?

It has been a good number of years but fuzzy memory makes me think there are 2 version of the IDE specific to either the 32-bit or 64-bit version of XP.

If that is an accurate memory see if you can located the XP 64-bit version and try that on Win-7 64-bit.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Gary Atkinson
      Participant

No I don’t.  How would I get my hands on 64-bit version? 😛

Russ Ross
      Participant

I looked at our 5.6 CDs and don’t see any indication of 32-bit or 64-bit on the label but this seems to stick in my mind.

I’m wondering if it was a question they asked me when I had them send me the install CDs.

I might be letting my imagination get away from me but I think a call to support would possibly answer the question.

Now for the other piece of bad news, the version Cloverleaf 5.6 might be old enough that Infor support might assist with current production issues but might have a policy to not provide install CDs that are that old to try and force customers to a more current version.

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags