CL 19 HL7 Configurator Group Indent

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf CL 19 HL7 Configurator Group Indent

• Creator
    Topic
    Todd Hamilton
    Participant

On v19, Has anyone tried to create segment groups using the hl7 configurator in the IDE?  That is to say adjust a variant by grouping segments together (PV1, NTE and PBX,NTE).  I can not get the IDE to properly indent the segment groups I must be doing something wrong.

todd.hamilton.omaha@gmail.com
    (402) 660-2787

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Rob Abbott
      Keymaster

Hi Todd, I just tried this and it appears to work as normal – what you want to do is select all the segments you want to group, and then click the “optional” and/or “repeating” checkboxes.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rob Abbott
      Cloverleaf Emeritus

Todd Hamilton
      Participant

Ron, Thanks for the reply.  Try this for me.

1. In v19 HL7 Configurator,  create a new 2.6 variant.
      2. Modify the ADT_A03
      3. Select the second ARV segment.  The one that is indented and grouped with PV2.
      4. The ARV segment should be marked optional yes and repeats no. Three lines should be highlighted (The two square brackets and the{ARV} A thin yellow line should appear under the {ARV}.
      5. Now uncheck the optional flag.  The ARV segment should still be highlighted but now the repeat flag is active.  (As expected because the ARV was originally marked repeating)
      6. Now here is the interesting thing.  With the {ARV} selected, activate the optional flag.  The line should now be [{ARV}].  No more indent. That’s my problem.  I need that segment to be indented (grouped with the PV2)

What am I doing wrong?

(402) 660-2787

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Todd,

Do you want the ARV to part of a group with the PV2 like this:

[PV2

([ARV]}

]

Normally a group has at least one required segment and it is usually the first segment of the group.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Todd Hamilton
      Participant

Jim,  You are right my previous description was not clear.  I want the following:
      <pre>MSH
      [{ SFT } ]
      [ UAC ]
      EVN
      PID
      [ PD1 ]
      [{ ARV } ]
      [{ ROL } ]
      [{ NK1 } ]
      PV1
      [ PV2 ]
      [
      { ARV }
      ]
      [
      { ROL }
      ]
      [{ DB1 } ]
      [{ AL1 } ]
      [{ DG1 } ]
      [ DRG ]
      [ {
      PR1
      [{ ROL } ]
      } ]

</pre>
      Notice the first ARV (Following the PD1) is not indented and the second one (following the PD2) is indented.

Here are the steps to follow in order to accomplish the desired indent using the IDE.

1. highlight the segment (ARV) you want indented.
      2. uncheck the optional flag and the repeats flag. there should be no square or curly brackets around the segment
      3. with ARV still selected, add a segment after the selected segment.  it does not matter what segment you add, it will be deleted eventually (ABS for example).
      4. select both segments (ARV and ABS)
      5. with both segments selected, check the optional flag. both segments should now be indented
      6. select the ARV segment and check the repeats flag. the ARV segment should now have curly brackets
      7. select the ABS segment and cut (delete) the segment
      8. the ARV should now be indented as desired

Another option is to simply edit the file using vi.

(402) 660-2787

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

I am not sure why you want to see the indentation for a single segment. That makes no difference to the engine itself or to the address pathing used to reference the data in the segment.

Whether it looks like this:

[{ARV}]

or this:

[

{ARV}

]

it means the same thing – the ARV segment is optional and repeating.

No need to waste time on this I think.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags