Changing the value of PV1-4 based on on the table values

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Changing the value of PV1-4 based on on the table values

• Creator
    Topic
    Albert Sinha
    Participant

I need the following to happen:

If PV1:4 is 4 then copy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Charlie Bursell
      Participant

I don’t understand.  It looks like you have defined a bi-directional table when only one is required.  Note in/out the same.  Also you have no default value.

With the table properly configured it should be a simple Table Lookup in your Xlate.

Albert Sinha
      Participant

The table is only

In  out

4    N

PVI-4  when  4 needs to be replaced by N

Should I do

TABLE   PVI#4 -> PV1#4

or do a COPY    source =4   destination  pv1#4

Thanks, really will appreciate anybody helping out

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

If that is all you need to do I would use an IF Action.

IF PV1-4 == =4

COPY =N –> PV1-4

If you want PV1-4 to reflect what is in PV1-4 when PV1-4 is not equal to 4 then add an ELSE to the IF and COPY PV1-4 –> PV1-4.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Albert Sinha
      Participant

DATECOPYopt

BULKCOPY

IF  PVI#4 == =4

COPY  N -> PV1#4

ELSE  COPY PV1#4 -> PV1#4

I am getting error message

‘  MSH header segment missing in HL7 message’

Testing via the test tool

Appreciate any help

Robert Milfajt
      Participant

So not sure why you’re not using TABLE command here.  Use what you had, i.e., single entry in table to map 4 to N.  Check the radio button that says Use Original Value, then just have TABLE command in Xlate with PV1-4 going to PV1-4 using your table.  Should do what you want without any need for Boolean logic in your Xlate.

Hope this helps,

Robert Milfajt
      Northwestern Medicine
      Chicago, IL

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Regarding your error message – I think your data is not correct. Could be improper segment end character or something else.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Dustin Sayes
      Participant

I agree with Jim.

Sounds like either a bad message or bad end of line characters.

You’ll need to set your testing tool to use New Line or Length Encoded, per your message requirements.

If you are not sure about your end of line characters; I use notepad++ to show all characters, then under the edit menu “EOL Conversion” select  “(CR)”. this will add a Carriage Return to the end of each line and a CRLF after the last line in the file – you’ll use “EOF Termination” in the testing tool.

Hope this helps…

Regarding your table lookup. If you only have 1 value to translate to, then just do an if statement in the xlate, else, if you have many values then use the lookup table.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags