Changing ST code to TX for specific criteria in OBX

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Changing ST code to TX for specific criteria in OBX

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris Wethey
    Participant

Looking to change ST code for OBX records to a TX code on the outbound feed so that the description is fully read by the 3rd party vendor – they are truncating the information down since it is a ST value but want to change to TX since it is a comment line and could be over 256 characters in length.

Still a greenhorn in regards to TCL and XLATE but have part of the process but still not getting a handle on what else i am missing or if i am writing this correctly.

Please Wait ……

Command Issued: hcixlttest -n -d 1 -f eof -F nl lab_to_polaris.xlt /quovadx/qdx5.5/integrator/lmctest/exec/processes/p_star_in8/Polaris.txt /quovadx/qdx5.5/integrator/lmctest/exec/processes/p_star_in8/Polarisout.txt

Command output:

This is the results i get from the testing tool.

[0:TEST] Statement ‘{OP ITERATE} {BASIS {}} {VAR ST} {TYPE field} {BODY {{ { OP IF }

{ ERR 0 }

{ COND {1(0).1(0).1(0).OBX.#3.[1]  eq Order Comment|| 1(0).1(0).1(0).OBX.#3.[1]  eq Lab Comment } }

{ THENBODY {

{ { OP COPY }

{ ERR 0 }

{ IN =TX }

{ OUT {{1(0).1(0).1(0).OBX.#2.[0]}} }

}

}}

{ ELSEBODY {

}}

}}}’ requires a BASIS

[0:TEST] Iterate statements must have a type, basis and variable.

[0:TEST] Unable to compile XLT ‘lab_to_polaris.xlt’.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mason Miller
      Participant

what do you have for your basis and Variable in your iteration?

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Chris,

You have not set a BAsis in the ITERATE (it needs one in brder to know where the repetition occurs). Most liley this is a group repeition (standard results message format).

Also the Counter you have set looks like ‘ST”. That won’t work. The valid construct is : %ln or %sn or %gn or %fn where: l = List, s = Segment, g = Group, and f= Field;  n = some number.

You have this set as a field type Iteration in the ITERATE.

Once you have that all set, then you must use the counter (the %xn value above) in the address path of both inbound and lilely outbound fields you wish to reference in Actions within the ITERATE.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Chris Wethey
      Participant

What we are looking for is to check the OBX record and search the field to determine is a specific ST Value Type has a comment of “Lab Comment” or “Order Comment” and then change the ST Value Type to TX – so i am not sure how to do that since i am new at writing in XLT process as of yet.

Chris Wethey
      Participant

Was able to figure out the process with a lot of help from Jim,  Still working the bugs out  with the smat and testing tools.

Thanks for your comments and help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags