CareFusion interface to LastWord

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf CareFusion interface to LastWord

• Creator
    Topic
    Susan Jones
    Participant

I am involved in a project to interface outbound results (vitals and I&O) from CareFusion to GE LastWord. I have been unable to find any interface specifications for the messages that go to LastWord. Has anyone worked on an interface from CareFusion to LastWord using Cloverleaf? If so, would you be willing to share any specs, insights, problems, etc.?

Thank you!   😀

Susan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Susan,

Are you looking for LastWord message specifications or CareFusion message specifications?

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Elmer Kaplon
      Participant

I am looking for LastWord specifications.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Elmer,

I last worked with LastWord 6 years ago (before they were acquired by IDX I think).

At that time, there was a separate document (pretty much all of a binder) for integration specifications and there were some very general categories. It is my understanding that document was enhanced later.

I will contact my former co-workeres and see how things may have changed.

I cannot believe GE did away with the documentation. I seem to recall they tied the receipt of the doc with some level of training in their interface configuration. Maybe that is still true.

Is GE saying there is no documentation?

Thanks,

Jim Kosloskey

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Elmer,

I checked with my former co-workers and they said the document of which I spoke is still published for LastWord. So you should be able to get it from GE.

They also indicated that although the document has been expanded it is no closer to truth than any other vendors specifications. So take what is inside with a lot of salt (one grain will probably not suffice).

There was no knowledge of whether one needed to attend any training in order to ‘qualify’ for the documentation.

Jim Kosloskey

Susan Jones
      Participant

Jim,

I appreciate the information. I do have some documentation for LW, but, as you mentioned, some of the specs are very general. We are scheduled to have an interface call with CareFusion and GE both on the phone, so we hope to hammer out any issues.

Thanks again!!   🙂

Susan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags