Can't get a simple iterate to work

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Can't get a simple iterate to work

• Creator
    Topic
    Jennifer Fields
    Participant

Hi everyone! I know how to do basic functions in Cloverleaf but I sometimes struggle with iterations. This one “should be” really simple but I can’t get it to work. All I’m trying to do it null OBR|21 in a ORU message. The OBR itself is not repeating but the group is, and I’ve iterated on that group. The end result is basically a copy @null –> 1(%g1).1(%g2).0(0).OBR(0).#21(0). Am I missing something? I’m not sure the best way to share what I have in my xlate. Any advice is appreciated!  Thanks -Jen Fields

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Email me and I will try to assist.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jennifer Fields
      Participant

Just sent you an email, Jim. Thx!

Jennifer Fields
      Participant

Thanks again for your help, Jim!

I realized that I was using an outbound SMAT message rather than the inbound, so that skewed my testing results to some degree. Jim also noticed that the data I was trying to remove was in multiple fields so he suggested that I use a pathcopy instead of a copy to null the entire field and subfields. I was not aware that you could use a pathcopy for a field, per se. I thought you could only use pathcopy to manipulate an entire segment. I learned something new. Actually, a few things 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags