Canonicalize XML with tdom? Or web services.

Homepage Clovertech Forums Cloverleaf Canonicalize XML with tdom? Or web services.

• Creator
    Topic
    Todd Horst
    Participant

We have the web service package and are looking to Canonicalize per the request of a client. Has anyone does anything like this before?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Tipu Razaq
      Participant

Yes

Todd Horst
        Participant

Thanks for your reply. How did you accomplish the this? Did you call a java method, or use tdom, or is it built into cloverleafs web service client?

Tipu Razaq
        Participant

Sorry, I read your question too fast. I thought you meant routing a particular message to different endpoints (URLs) based on the message content.

What do you mean by Canonicalizing, exactly? Creating one XML standard or multiple based on various client needs?

I haven’t had the need to parse/write XML messages, thankfully, all of our clients support the JSON model.

I don’t think the webservice module will help. Yes, you’ll need it to send HTTP requests, but it’s very bare-bones and requires you to modify messages, return replies, make custom configurations, etc. via scripts in the various UPoCs along the message’s route. It’s basically just a sender/receiver interface for HTTP protocol messages, everything else needs to be done via scripts. For example, I’m turning an incoming HL7 message into JSON object to be sent to a REST endpoint and all message building/modification is done through a TCL script in the route configuration.

Jim Kosloskey
        Participant

Tipu,

Are you saying you can only transform HL/7 to JSON in Tcl and not in an Xlate? What release of Cloverleaf are you using?

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Jim Kosloskey
      Participant

Todd,

I am curious exactly what the request is. My limited research on the topic indicates this is frequently defined by the beholder so I wonder if they were specific as to what they wanted accomplished – and why.

If you would rather discuss off-line, email me.

email: jim.kosloskey@jim-kosloskey.com 29+ years Cloverleaf, 59 years IT - old fart.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags