Cannot rename *.msg file to *.old.msg file in 6.0 on Windows

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Cannot rename *.msg file to *.old.msg file in 6.0 on Windows

• Creator
    Topic
    Carl Duff
    Participant

Installed Cloverleaf 6.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2 a couple of weeks ago and have a couple of production threads running. I moved our existing archive script (CL_archive.tcl) to the new server and set up the scheduled task. All seems to be well except the script cannot rename the existing .msg files to .old.msg.

In looking at the archive code it appears that the script just does a “file rename -force whatever.msg whatever.old.msg”.

If I open a tcl command window in our current production (5.8) environment and type in that command (on a valid filename) the file renames as desired. If I do the same thing in 6.0 I get a “permission denied” error. I can stop the thread and the command works fine. Looking at permissions on the server/files all looks to be just like current production but obviously I’m missing something.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what I can look for to get this riddle resolved?

The script is attached for your viewing pleasure. FWIW, “proc mvSave” is the part that renames the files.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Carl

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Kevin Crist
      Participant

Did you ever get this fixed? I am having some issues with smat in the 6.0 as well.

Carl Duff
      Participant

The problem for us was thread names in mixed case on Windows. As soon as the thread names were changed to all lower case the renames worked like a champ. Go figure.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags