binary image uuencode/base64 encoding

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf binary image uuencode/base64 encoding

• Creator
    Topic
    Kamal Bahrani
    Participant

Hello Guys,

I have a result message and I’m getting binary image encoded in uuencode format in ZPD segment.I’m trying to convert it to base64 using tcl package. I first uudecode it and then encode it in base64. The receiving system when decodes it, gets a corrupt pdf. I tried to decode the uuencode binary and that also is a bad pdf. I checked uuencode specs and it says all lines begin with ‘M’. In the uuencode binary, I see “X0D\X0A” separating characters and there is M after that, I believe that new line indication.

e.g

644 WAV.DATX0D\X0AM)5!$1BTQ+C`*)>+CS]/H”B`@-2`P(T]B:CPE+U1Y

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Mark Thompson
      Participant

Hi Kamal,

We are running a PDF extraction interface.  Try “unescaping” the HL7 escaped characters and removing X0D and X0A before you base64 encode the data.

- Mark Thompson
      HealthPartners

Kamal Bahrani
      Participant

Thanks Mark.

I tried removing removing X0D and X0A and as per uuencode specs, each new line should begin with M, which I did but still the pdf does not open. I’m using this site to decode online – http://www.webutils.pl/index.php?idx=uu.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags