Batch file to mutiple msg

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Batch file to mutiple msg

• Creator
    Topic
    Hongle Sun
    Participant

I would like to convert one record line within batch file to a single hl7 message via tcl / xlate. How can i do that? anyone out there has something would like to share with? Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Hongle Sun,

This is very easily done by using the fileset-local protocol and selecting ‘nl’ (for newline) as the ‘style’ on your inbound thread.  This will read each line of the file as a single message and then delete the file when it’s done processing.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Hongle Sun
      Participant

Thank for the reply. One thing i would ask, which way you conver the incoming message to an particular message type sending to outbound thread, by tcl proc or xlate file? my flat file data would be deliminated by”|” sequencially and no segment id leading, can it be done?

James Cobane
      Participant

Hongle Sun,

You would treat this no different than any other interface.  I’m assuming that you would define an inbound record layout (a VRL, based on the fact that you described it as a pipe delimited file), then build a translation (Xlate) that maps to whatever outbound record definition you specify.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Wilson Wat
      Participant

I need to do similar things. Can we talk on the phone?

My number is 267 479 1312.

Thanks,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags