Automatic SMAT Cycling in Cloverleaf 5.8

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Automatic SMAT Cycling in Cloverleaf 5.8

• Creator
    Topic
    Carter Harrison
    Participant

Under 5.8 it appears that a process can be configured to automatically cycle SMAT files when they reach a specific size.  How can I reconfigure it so that it will automatically cycle the SMAT files on a specific date/time?  We prefer to have our SMAT files cycle daily so it is easy to know which SMAT file will contain a transaction from a specified date.  Cycling based on size is not helpful at all.

Also with regards to the SMAT History settings.  I understand that these settings determine what happens to SMAT files that have already been cycled.  At what time does the engine perform this maintenance and is it somehow configurable?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      James Cobane
      Participant

Carter,

To cycle SMAT nightly, you’ll need to script it and schedule it.  We have a script that we run nightly (via cron) that cycles and moves the files out to another directory.  I’ve attached a copy of the script, feel free to plagiarize and modify as needed.  Simply ‘setsite’ to the desired site and run the script.

Hope this helps.

Jim Cobane

Henry Ford Health

Carter Harrison
      Participant

Thanks James.  I figured I was probably going to have to setup a cron job and roll out a script.  I appreciate you sending yours over.

Daniel Lee
      Participant

It’s a tad bit simpler than this with 5.8.  In the ‘Site Options’ of your NetMonitor, enable your SMAT history logging, set your ‘Maximum Age of SMAT Files’ to how many days you want to keep.  Don’t set up Automatic SMAT Cycling for the individual processes!  What this will do is any time your smat files are manually cycled, instead of creating a .old file it will save them with a date/time stamp to the SmatHistory folder.

From there, all your script has to do is issues a cyclesave for all your threads at midnight.  You won’t have to worry about moving .old files around and renaming them because Cloverleaf will automatically put them in the SmatHistory folder with the date/time stamp and clean them up after your specified “Maximum Age of SMAT Files’.

(Stumbled across this post while looking for something else and thought I’d add to it.)

Carter Harrison
      Participant

Excellent information.. Thanks Daniel.

Daniel Lee
      Participant

I do have a question about the SMAT History options though.  When you change the preferences you get a message that says “The following preference change(s) require restarting engine to take effect: SMAT History”.

What does it consider “engine”?  I’m trying to change my configurations and tried recycling the Monitor Daemon and the Host Server and neither of those worked.

Daniel Lee
      Participant

I think I figured it out.  Evidently when you change the SMAT History preferences you need to cycle all the processes in your site to get it to start working.  I’m not sure if that is what is meant by “Engine” but it seems to work.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags