Archive and Remove Files from FTP Server

Homepage Clovertech Forums Read Only Archives Cloverleaf Cloverleaf Archive and Remove Files from FTP Server

• Creator
    Topic
    Mohammed Iqbal
    Participant

Is it possible to archive a pulled file from an FTP server, followed by deleting the file from the server it was pulled from?

The protocol for the interface is fileset-ftp and it utilizes the SFTP secure option.

I am assuming this would be configured through TPS Directory Parse and Deletion scripts within the inbound thread; however, the scripts we are utilizing for fileset-local protocol threads are not working to accomplish the desired outcome.

If anyone could please provide some input on how to accomplish the archive and removal functionality within a fileset-ftp protocol thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Donna Hooe
      Participant

We do the FTP move, cleanup and archive using Linux scripts set up on crontab, then we set up Cloverleaf to pole the local directory we put those files in.

Mohammed Iqbal
      Participant

Thank you for the reply. I created an intermediary step which pulls the files to a local directory, enabling them to be archived. I was trying to do all of this in one step, rather than two separated processes.

For example, a process for pulling the file from the FTP Server to a local directory. Followed by another process for archiving the file and pushing them to another FTP server.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to accomplish this in one process (i.e., one Inbound FTP thread to one Outbound FTP thread), it would be greatly appreciated.

Russ Ross
      Participant

Here is the underlying script (_archive_ftp_files.ksh) I wrote and use to archive my FTP files to our /oldmsgs file system.

I run it upon receipt of FTP file(s) and then again just before delivery of FTP file(s).

#!/usr/bin/ksh

# Begin Module Header ==============================================================================
      #
      #——
      # Name:
      #——
      #
      # archive_ftp_files.ksh
      #
      #———
      # Purpose:
      #———
      #
      # Archive all files in the ftp source directory.
      #
      #——–
      # Inputs:
      #——–
      #

[code]
      #!/usr/bin/ksh

# Begin Module Header ==============================================================================
      #
      #

# Name:
      #

#
      # archive_ftp_files.ksh
      #
      #

# Purpose:
      #

#
      # Archive all files in the ftp source directory.
      #
      #

# Inputs:
      #

#

Russ Ross
      RussRoss318@gmail.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cloverleaf’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags
Empty Topic Tags